Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    :ar15:I thought the same Jeff...I guess the suck gene is in the family. Kudos to our group for bearing with us beginners. Chun Yu, Coach, JT, Craig, and whoever else I'm missing, thanks a bunch and someday we will get there.

You will get there. Everyone has to start out somewhere, and you are improving.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    :ar15:I thought the same Jeff...I guess the suck gene is in the family. Kudos to our group for bearing with us beginners. Chun Yu, Coach, JT, Craig, and whoever else I'm missing, thanks a bunch and someday we will get there.

Just takes some time, stick with it!

I've been getting better throughout the season. Here are the ones I've shot since joining USPSA this year.

PRODUCTION Classifiers
    9/16/09 49.5102
    8/02/09 51.2703
    5/24/09 20.7439
    4/05/09 32.6211

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    You should :D!!!
    You did good Burl!!!

I seem to screw up every classifier I shoot. And not like Jake either. I'm trying NOT to screw up.:D

I know that no one believes this but I have never tanked a classifier on purpose, I just suck at them. It is an all or nothing attempt!!

SS classifiers are based on L10 classifiers. Almost all the L10 GM classifiers are from GM's using widebody guns. I think they are a little off and after this much time should be able to get enough SS info to re-calculate the scores.
    I am barely a B in SS. Hell I just dropped again in Limited!!!

I am like Sundance when it comes to classifiers "Can I move now"

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I know that no one believes this but I have never tanked a classifier on purpose...

I believe you, but this line of discussion kind of makes one think, hmm.

SS classifiers are based on L10 classifiers. Almost all the L10 GM classifiers are from GM's using widebody guns. I think they are a little off and after this much time should be able to get enough SS info to re-calculate the scores.
    I am barely a B in SS...

I found it interesting that very similar hit factors plugged into Production division and SS division were 9% less for SS.

Last edited:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    don't get to caught up in it this. Just shoot your match, get your hits and work on breaking down the stages, working on the draw and movement. You need to focus on programming in on how to shoot the stage so it becomes an action instead of thinking your way through how to shoot it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    don't get to caught up in it this. Just shoot your match, get your hits and work on breaking down the stages, working on the draw and movement. You need to focus on programming in on how to shoot the stage so it becomes an action instead of thinking your way through how to shoot it.

Will do! Thanks again sir!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You guys have been a blast to shoot with.

I won't be too active as hunting season is coming and most of my weekends will be tied up shooting at fury critters instead of steel and cardboard.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    You guys have been a blast to shoot with.

I won't be too active as hunting season is coming and most of my weekends will be tied up shooting at fury critters instead of steel and cardboard.

You make it sound like you are moving away. We will still be here after hunting season.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Why the difference? Why not apply your own advice to classifiers? Are your field courses "all or nothing?"

;)

-rvb

Looking forward to Jake's response. But in a word the answer to the second question is yes.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Speaking of Jake, what good is it doing me sucking up on the forums, carrying his bag at the matches, if he's going to catch a one shot foot fault (should have been looking at the gun anyway) and give me a penalty? For crying out loud, I've got a lot of momentum when I tear into a turn like that. Seems like one fat guy to another, we could let some stuff slide. I don't exactly stop on a dime when I'm moving at warp speed.:D

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Speaking of Jake, what good is it doing me sucking up on the forums, carrying his bag at the matches, if he's going to catch a one shot foot fault (should have been looking at the gun anyway) and give me a penalty? For crying out loud, I've got a lot of momentum when I tear into a turn like that. Seems like one fat guy to another, we could let some stuff slide. I don't exactly stop on a dime when I'm moving at warp speed.:D

Part of the problem is that Jake is in serious denial about being a fat guy.:D So he thinks he should punish us instead of letting it slide.

Top Bottom