• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    For sale, face to face only, Carmel area but will meet within a reasonable distance.

What you see is a Norinco 84S-1 with a 19 inch barrel. Fairly rare pre-ban rifle. It is a .223, comes with two 30 round mag, and Chinese sling (not pictured). The rifle is in excellent condition, not new. Unknown round count but it can't be that many. All numbers match except for the receiver cover which for some reason is off by a few rifles.

Asking $1100 cash, bank check or money order. Will not ship at this time.

84s1longL.JPG

84s1LongR.JPG

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Actually with Chinese and certain other firearms, pre-ban means before the George Bush the First "evil looking weapons" ban in 1990. Bush believed that certain features of a firearm caused people to become criminals, so he banned bayo lugs, threaded barrels (to keep flash hiders off so that you couldn't extinguish the sun), pistol grips, and extended removable magazines. That is why the "post-ban" rifles like the MAK-90 had those horrible stocks, with no muzzle threads and the bayonet lugs ground off.

When clinton banned the rifles by name, there could be no "post-clinton-ban" firearms because there were none. Pretty sad.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    does pre ban mean full auto?

If a person lived in CT,MA or NY they have to have a pre-ban if they want to have pistol grip,high-cap mags,un-pinned flash and un-pinned adjustable stock...and bayo lug..

example: I just sold a pre-ban complete lower to a guy in CT for 670..here it is worth at best 300..a complete pre-ban ar can go for 1500 plus there, here 700-900.

Northeastshooters.com

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Please direct discussions of what constitutes a pre/post-ban feature to an appropriate thread in the "General Firearms Discussion" or "Long Guns" forums and return this thread the the specific topic of the sale of this item. That said, I wish I had a thousand bucks, because that Norinco is a beaut.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    One more bump of this rare and in great conditition rifle.
    I now have it listed on Gunbroker but would really rather sell it local.
    Thanks for checking it out.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Well, uncle scam the tax man hit me hard this year, so I have decided to relist this again. Being middle class sucks, so once again, I am offering this Norinco 84S-1 with the longer barrel, two 30 round mags and sling. Thanks for looking.

Top Bottom