• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Sent two letters in the last week to congressmen and senators. Haven't seen any replies yet.
    Tried calling senators Coats and Donnelly this am but the mail boxes were full..

I'll try calling again tomorrow.

LiveForCaffeine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    I've been hitting them about every other day so far. This is the latest one I sent via the page the NRA has setup:

Message sent to the following recipients:

Senator Coats

Senator Donnelly

Representative Walorski

Message text follows:

[recipient address was inserted here]

[recipient namewas inserted here],

Just a quick note asking to continue to stand against anyadditional infringements of our 2nd amendment rights. This includes any kind of weapon ban,magazine capacity restrictions, additional registration, or requiringbackground checks for a sale between two private individuals.

Instead of creating more restrictions that do nothingexcept make it harder for those of us on the right side of the law we need to be attacking the problem of violencein our society by going after the root causes.

Better mental health care, better enforcement of the lawswe already have on the books, getting rid of these free fire victimzones...errrr "gun free zones" by putting armed guards in our schools- these are all things that would have a much greater impact than more lawsthat the bad guys will ignore anyway.

We live in a culture that glorifies violence and places little to no value on life, especially innocent life. Is it any surprise that a society that kills over 1 million unborn children every year in the name of convenience gives rise to twisted individuals that will kill innocents just for a thrill or to get their name on the evening news?

Working to foster a culture that values life and that brings civility, honor, and integrity back into everyday society would go much further than placing more restrictions on law abiding citizens (after all, we all know its only the law abiding people that will obey new laws anyway).

Thank you for your time and attention. Along with my family, coworkers, and friends I look forward to watching your fight against those that would tear Americanvalues down even further by attacking our freedoms and God given rights.

Sincerely,

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Recently got a call from my sister asking if I signed her up for a gun news letter or some such thing. I said that the reason she was getting the emails and magazines was because she was a member of the NRA.

She was confused... I then had to explain that I bought her a membership. Then she was very excited! :D Every little bit helps. While we can all give a little extra I think that the biggest thing we need to be doing is drumming up more support from folks. Keep on your reps but talk to those around you, take a new shooter to the range, ect.

As always keep up the good work :ingo: !
    Parker

Top Bottom