Would you stop and help an accident victim?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    My brother and I did on Saturday. We were one the way to my Dad's birthday party and some dude got in a single car wreck on 80/94 EB. Hit the wall, etc. He was knocked out or passed out. My brother and another dude directed traffic. I got his kids out of the car and two ladies looked after them. The guy was out like a light, but eventually woke up. He could have been drunk, or just had been knocked out. But, he was okay.

It was hilarious because we were in suits. It had to be a funny sight for the people coming down the highway.

The best part is that we pulled over in front of the accident so we didn't have to wait in traffic. Also, we were early for the party, so that took up our time, it worked out really well for us. Hahaha. I am horrible. But, yeah, I stopped the other day and I have before.

Unfortunately, I have never been able to stop at an accident with some hot babes that were physically okay but emotionally needed comfort. I haven't been that lucky.

EvoVIIIMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Great Job. :yesway:

I have not had the opportunity to stop for an accident. However, I have stopped to help a lady change a flat tire.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    I have and will always stop. It is a good thing to do on so many fronts. The obvious thing is to help someone who needs it. I also believe that things do go around. Maybe by me helping it will encourage someone else to do it.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I always do. If yall remember the colts guy that wrecked on 465 a few years back. The day before (literally the day before) I stopped at the same exit to help a van who was doing 360s doing a good 55mpg. Within 15 minutes there were 4 cars that had slid/spun into the ditch. Cops took 10 minutes to respond, and it was me and a guy who was walking back to his car having run out of gas. Needless to say I got a decent first aid kit together after that, and will always make sure I have the kit and a blanket were ever I go.

(it was 465 north and 65 south on the north-west side of town).

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Yeah, I would, and I have probably close to a dozen times. Before I even decided I wanted to try out the whole working in EMS thing, I had done CPR twice on the street.

People are idiots, and will stand around with their thumb up their asses in an emergency situation. It's easier to be the person with the clear head.

jbhummer2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    north central IN
    I have stopped at several incidents that I have passed. I beleive that if you help out that when you need it someone will help you. Well I hope that is works that way. The best part of helping is it gives you a great feeling when you just made someone who was having a really bad day smile. Just my two cents

harms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Used to be the law you had to stop here due to the extreme conditions but I but I don't think it is anymore. But I stop everytime, accidents or breakdowns, and always will. Of course gun laws up here are a little looser and I always have protection in case its not a true breakdown.

Top Bottom