• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Forgive me if I'm wrong and you go to jail for 10-20 but I was reading some states' carry laws on handgun.org (I think that's where it was) and there was a little bit of an explanation of a school function. In whatever state that was the location has to be pretty well taken up by the school group and outsiders are not generally allowed. I believe an example would be a shelter house at a park that is rented by the group. Or a tour of some facility where the general public wouldn't be admitted.

Now this isn't Indiana but it could serve as some sort of precedent when arguing your case. I've stated before if I'm at Burdette park outside Evansville and I'm carrying in a shelter house that has my family reunion while at the same time on the other side of the park a school is having their prom at Discovery Lodge I'm not sweating it.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    What if a school takes a trip to Indianapolis. Does the whole city become a 'school function'?

The debate continues until there is case law, but I presume that the term school function is a place that is under the control of the school, and the school provides the access control, and the only people who are there are there solely because the school function is there. A HS graduation at The Palladium, would make the Palladium a school function. The HS class attending a show, and intermixing with the public, does not make it a school function. It's a palladium function, that the school is attending.

I've heard of Law school, but thats as far as I went. So, YMMV.

Top Bottom