• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Good news. I like reading about the scum of the earth getting what they deserve. I don't know about anyone else but it sounds to me like our citizen shooter used a lot of restraint. I am wondering if the gut shot made it through to the spine and dropped the BG on the spot.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Unfortunately, since the BG isn't dead, he or his heirs will probably sue the would-be victim, claiming excessive use of force or some such.

Can't do that. Indiana law prevents such lawsuits against the victim, or potential victim, who lawfully defends himself.

So wanna-be bad guy is in the hospital with a gut shot, will likely be charged with attempted robbery w/deadly weapon, and may end up in jail when this is all over. Good guy gets to go home to his family and rest assured that he is protected from civil lawsuit by sane Indiana legal code. :yesway:

IndyJeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Indianapolis
    No, Mayor Daley would have been summoned to the scene to perform the execution while that guy was still in his car!! I spent the first 19 years of my life in Illinois thinking it was the greatest thing since sliced bread until I joined the military and traveled to other states. FOID card.....pff what a joke!!

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    No, Mayor Daley would have been summoned to the scene to perform the execution while that guy was still in his car!! I spent the first 19 years of my life in Illinois thinking it was the greatest thing since sliced bread until I joined the military and traveled to other states. FOID card.....pff what a joke!!

Heh, there are a lot of things I like about Chicago, but that is not one of them!

I always get a laugh when I talk to friends living in Chicago Out of the 10 or so people I know, only one has ever had any experience around a gun, and it was a .22, while visiting family in Indiana!

Glad to see this turned out okay for the potential victim. I certainly hope this BG has a long, grueling time to think about his actions, while recovering.

IndyJeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Same here. After I got out of the military and moved here for work I was astonished that you can carry a firearm! :rockwoot:I mailed my FOID card back to the Illinois State Police. Worthless anyway.

Top Bottom