• ...and so much more!
  • moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    The world's tiniest V12 engine. [VIDEO]

OPERATIONAL V-12 DIESEL ENGINE THAT FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND. This is not CNC technology; this guy made everything at home on his lathe and drill press. Took 1220 hours (a year and a half?) to make the 261 pieces. Note the end-loaded crankshaft into the block (like an Offy), 12 individual cylinder heads, _TINY _ rods and pistons, dual "underhead" cams with pushrods to rockers in the heads. And, he did the break-in using an electric cordless drill driving the crankshaft! Even if you're not an engineer, you'll love this! :dunno: :rockwoot:

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    i know its a small engine and scales different and will also probably see no real work, but it looked like only two main bearing for v12.
    probably fine for its size depending on the material used.

also, maybe i just missed it. i didnt see him put a ring on the pistons though it looked like it had a groove for one compression ring.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    That was nothing short of incredible, very cool. Thanks for sharing.

That video reminded me of this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeUMDY01uUA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear fame is interviewing the creator of a fully operational scale model of the Ferrari 312 PB.

It's just mind bottling. :):

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    You know, I think I could have done something like this...
    But, I discovered Booze, Cars, Women, Guns, etc, etc...

LOL, I think we're in the same boat :):.

I've often thought that whenever I see something amazing someone has created in their free time. I'm just in awe of the sheer dedication that guy put in to that Ferrari, I mean three years on drawings alone before even beginning to build it? That's just unheard of.

I really admire people that can commit to starting a crazy project (of any kind) and see it through, it can't be an easy undertaking.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    LOL, I think we're in the same boat :):.

I've often thought that whenever I see something amazing someone has created in their free time. I'm just in awe of the sheer dedication that guy put in to that Ferrari, I mean three years on drawings alone before even beginning to build it? That's just unheard of.

I really admire people that can commit to starting a crazy project (of any kind) and see it through, it can't be an easy undertaking.
    When I was stationed in Germany, I went to Kessel, Ge to see an RC Model Shop. The Guy who owned it was simply amazing. He had a completely functional HEMTT in 1/24th scale, a Leopold tank with real pinned tracks on it, an M1A1 Abrams that actually fired .22LR rounds w/ a 10 Rd Magazine. He was building a 1/16th Scale Farm equipment set when I was there, fully functional...

It was simple amazing to actually see stuff like that in person...

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    That is amazing. I know who gets an automatic entry into my compound when the SHTF.

50 years ago I bet more than a few machinists could pull that off. In another 50 that kind of skill may be gone entirely.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    this is what they mean by nanotechnology!

No, the engine is a good example of Love and Art.

The following example is a Micro Machine or MEM:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvXlOD8dwAQ[/ame]

Nanotechnology is 1,000 times smaller than MEM!

The Military is evaluating/using MEM and Nanotechnology.

Top Bottom