• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm glad she had the time and was able to get the glove compartment open in the midst of the attack.

Say perhaps you normally keep a fire extinguisher in your glove box as you drive just in case your motor sets fire. You get home and open your glove box to take your fire extinguisher in the house in case of a kitchen fire. You turn around with your fire extinguisher in your hand, and there's a fire in your lawn. Your response time to putting out that fire would likely be really really good.

Not commenting on this specific case, but sometimes things just come together in such a serendipitous moment.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    awwww.... shucks. I guess he'll be a 1-arm bandit now
    Hunh? Now he'll be a slot machine? :rofl:

Have this woman call me, immediately!

Only one out of three, and only hit in the arm? Obviously, she needs some serious training on accuracy! :lmfao:

I'll drive down, and train her for free!

Oh, and I want to propose. {shhhh... don't tell my wife} :laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Say perhaps you normally keep a fire extinguisher in your glove box as you drive just in case your motor sets fire. You get home and open your glove box to take your fire extinguisher in the house in case of a kitchen fire. You turn around with your fire extinguisher in your hand, and there's a fire in your lawn. Your response time to putting out that fire would likely be really really good.

Not commenting on this specific case, but sometimes things just come together in such a serendipitous moment.

I gotcha.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

Now I am considering CCing a fire extinguisher.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'm always amazed when people say things like "I always felt safe here" after something happens, as if they thought bad things never could happen there

And then, and THEN, she goes on to say she'd like to see more security, cameras, patrols, etc (in the video). She still doesn't seem get the idea she should take some responsibility for her own security. :rolleyes:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    And then, and THEN, she goes on to say she'd like to see more security, cameras, patrols, etc (in the video). She still doesn't seem get the idea she should take some responsibility for her own security. :rolleyes:

We don't know what else she said, that the reporter didn't broadcast. She certainly got a first-hand example of the benefit of one choosing to defend themselves.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Side note:

Remember how in the "is a j-frame enough" discussions there's always multiple attackers as a reason it isn't?

5 shot Taurus 85.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    We don't know what else she said, that the reporter didn't broadcast. She certainly got a first-hand example of the benefit of one choosing to defend themselves.

Hence the word "seem" in the assertion, as in to give the impression or sensation of being something or having a particular quality, to appear.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Side note:

Remember how in the "is a j-frame enough" discussions there's always multiple attackers as a reason it isn't?

5 shot Taurus 85.

This situation would qualify as a psychological stop wouldn't it? I mean guy gets shot in non-vital area and they all decide to stop their aggression.

A snub nose revolver was also used to end the St. James Church massacre in 1993 [1].

A snubbie was enough for that incident too (again a psychological stop), but it wouldn't be my first choice to resist an attack by 4 armed terrorists. But hey, if it's all someone's got or all they can handle or afford, more power to 'em!

[1] - Saint James Church massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom