• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    ok, she can stay........... but i still think a line of properly placed shape charges at the cali border and a couple of rocket boosters to push it out to sea would be a great start.

What's the largest explosives we have in our arsenal that aren't nuclear? About 6 of those should work. I don't want to lose northern Cali. They have some beautiful Country....

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Absolutely agree, regulation got us where we are today. Why not create more and see how bad it can get?

I agree mostly...but there are times when deregulations are a bad thing (Savings and Loan, much of the financial derivative mess we are in now).

Generally speaking when de-regulation improve competition it is a good thing. When de-regulation removes some important roadblocks that normally prevent dishonest business practices, they are a bad thing.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I agree mostly...but there are times when deregulations are a bad thing (Savings and Loan, much of the financial derivative mess we are in now).

Generally speaking when de-regulation improve competition it is a good thing. When de-regulation removes some important roadblocks that normally prevent dishonest business practices, they are a bad thing.

How much of the S&L mess was caused by the government, under Carter encouraging banks to make loans to unqualified people and then on Clintons last day actually forcing banks to make loans to unqualified people which in turn led to loans of all sorts for investment purposes that later got abandoned when the housing bubble burst? (I know your a banker)

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I agree, Phil. Also, things like the FDIC remove consumer incentive to investigate and intervene with what their bank does with their money. This program was intended to protect depositors, but all it did was give banks the ability to do what they please with others money. Few people know or care what their bank does with their money, because they know it will be their, even if the bank itself fails.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    How much of the S&L mess was caused by the government, under Carter encouraging banks to make loans to unqualified people and then on Clintons last day actually forcing banks to make loans to unqualified people which in turn led to loans of all sorts for investment purposes that later got abandoned when the housing bubble burst? (I know your a banker)

Nope, not a banker. :D

Just saying I'm not 100% anti-regulation, and that there are some areas where regulations are a good thing. Yep, it takes more than deregulation to cause a major crisis.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    yeah, I think the real issue is California runs businesses out of the state because they think they can make their own rules and regs different than all other states. So, the 6 companies are the only ones that will put up with CA crap. I applaud the others. If all businesses would get out of CA, perhaps they would get a clue.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    She is right. And for every one of these videos that makes it to youtube 100's more happen and are never filmed. The problem was she was waisting her breath. They have all been told we don't want this by 80% of the population. Yet they don't listen. Writing letters gets only the responce she mentioned. Calling does even less. Yelling at them in person doesn't get a responce. Believe me, I HAVE!!!!!!! They are forcing the option that none of want to use or see. Sadly, that is the only option they are leaving us with.

Top Bottom