• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    "These online questions serve as examples, but results are not included in the official poll."

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I voted, but some of the questions were misleading and worded incorrectly, such as asking about background checks at gun shows. We all know that there are already background checks concerning dealer sales and that private sales is a completely different matter. Also, the reference to "assault rifles", what is their definition of an "assault rifle"?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Could use more help voting here. Most of the questions are going our way, but we are losing on the question of whether there ought to be mandatory background checks for all sales, retail or private.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Misleading is the whole point of the poll. That and they will make sure it is closed before it sways to show that the majority of people oppose their views.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    The questions aren't misleading, they are pretty simple.
    As stated above, our voting doen't change the results, the offiical poll was 602 people.

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining, most of the results are pro-gun.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    The Questions WERE misleading..

The questions aren't misleading, they are pretty simple.
    As stated above, our voting doen't change the results, the offiical poll was 602 people.

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining, most of the results are pro-gun.

A straightforward poll would have ask questions on what you supported, not what you opposed.

All of the questions are asked in a 'Back Door' way. I guess it would work well for Left Handed people??

My Wife is left handed+sees all things in REVERSE...Bill.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A straightforward poll would have ask questions on what you supported, not what you opposed.

All of the questions are asked in a 'Back Door' way. I guess it would work well for Left Handed people??

My Wife is left handed+sees all things in REVERSE...Bill.

The poll asked the questions in the format of "do you favor or oppose...", which is pretty simple. The only question I thought was kinda loaded was this:

"Do you favor or oppose making private gun sales and sales at gun shows subject to background checks?"

I think people mostly have either a misinformed or superficial understanding of that issue, which the administration, the media and anti gun groups, have helped bring about. I think if people really understood the details, more would be against. Still, Jojo the Union Ho Donnelly tried to tell us that Hoosiers overwhelmingly supported background checks for private sales, and we can see from this poll that's complete bullshat.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I really think that much of the media likes to use controversial polls and articles as a means to create more traffic to their website. The more controversy, the more traffic, the more ad revenue. It is a win win for them and if we should ignore them, then the poll results are skewed in the oppositions favor. It's like we are their puppets and they control our strings. We need to find a way to end this cycle.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Hey, do not insult those of us that are left-handed. Generally, we are more intelligent than average or we were just dropped more on our heads as babies. I have never heard or read a gun related poll that I liked the way that it was worded. Multiple choice polls really suck as none of the options are what I would say.

Top Bottom