• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Pretty much the same as summer, but the Glock 20 sometimes gets carried. My Sig P238 does not go out as much and my Glock 27 gets pocket carried from time to time. I generally carry OWB and will most likely do that come winter too.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I don't ever wear heavy coats because it doesn't get that cold (if I know I'm going to be driving I'll throw a coat in the Prius). My carry methods don't change as I've got a really nice murse and a sweet fanny pack. Well, I should say my carry methods rarely change as I do channel Rambo sometimes and strap the fanny pack on a diagonal across my chest.

I've only got 1 holster for the Glock 27. That would be a Blackhawk Serpa (only shot myself 12 times so far this year).

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    One of the reasons why I prefer to carry AIWB is because I have found it's quicker to get access to my pistol while wearing a winter coat.

So, my carry methods work perfect in all kinds of weather and environments. At least for me.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As the weather gets cold and we all bundle up in heavy coats, I'm wondering what methods people use to carry.
    I've thought of using a shoulder holster, but I'm not sure how comfortable that will be for carrying in the car. Also I'm worried how quickly I will be able to draw if I have to.

What methods do people use for winter carry?

No change.

IWB at 4.

still carry Glock 27 IWB @ 4 oclock
    but with a coat I can comfortably toss extra mags in the pockets

Same as these gentlemen, and same as summer. I try to change as little as possible, so that muscle memory/brain/gun are all working in conjunction. I find it easier to keep as much the same as I possibly can regarding firearms these days. Less surprises. Always a Glock (although may vary between a sub compact 26/27 or a compact 19/23), always in the same position, same holster, with extra mag in the same place.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I use the same method of carry that I always do, no matter what the season, OC in a strong side hip retention holster. The only difference is that with my coat on I'm semi-CCing and that's why you practice pulling up your clothes to allow for easier draw if needed.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    The only change that I make during the colder months, I would likely carry OWB more often, and I pocket carry a 442 Smith&Wesson when I am wearing a coat. I still carry the normal pistol in the same spot, but I really like having a pocket gun that has no hammer or slide to impede operation in a coat pocket. I figure its a normal place to put your hands when walking into a store, and with the holidays usually seeing a spike in muggings, its about as prepared as one can be without carrying a mossberg at the low ready all the time.

Top Bottom