Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "But scientists caution that it’s difficult to extrapolate what such lab experiments mean for the real world. The experiments only look at neutralizing antibodies, while the immune response includes other types of antibodies as well as fighters like T cells. With that thinking, it’s possible that the real immune response from vaccines is even more robust against mutations than the lab data show."
    That is an amazing statement. Amazing in how the same article in an American media source can reference a German lab trial, while talking about a British and South African clinical trial of 2000 to cloud the fact neither US accepted vaccine works against the new variant.

It did all that while offering cover to scientists about the fact they could be wrong while offering hope that what the actual science showed could be wrong. That the vaccines could in fact be more robust(work at all)against the new variants.

It is a word salad that does not change that in multiple studies we now have proof the vaccines do not work any better than saline against the South African variant.

Last edited:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    That is an amazing statement. Amazing in how the same article in an American media source can reference a German lab trial, while talking about a British and South African clinical trial of 2000 to cloud the fact neither US accepted vaccine works against the new variant.
    Where did you see that neither Pfizer or Moderna work against the South African variant?

Respectfully, you're either not reading or understanding the articles you post as "proof" of your claims. If you did, you'd notice the CNN article you posted above about the AstraZeneca vaccine said NOTHING about Pfizer or Moderna's efficacy against the SA variant and in fact, the CNN article says this:

During a briefing on Sunday, South Africa Minister of Health Dr. Zweli Mkhize said the hold would be temporary while scientists figure out how to most effectively deploy the AstraZeneca vaccine. Mkhize said South Africa will move forward with the deployment of vaccines made by Pfizer/BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson.

Here's an article discussing efficacy of the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines against the South African B.1.351 variant. BLUF: they work, but are "slightly less effective".

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The article does not mention the Moderna at all. Moderna's vaccine was never referenced in any way, nor was it included in the trail.

The article only mentions the Pfizer vaccine in passing, saying there was no comment from that company. No indication given it was used in this particular trial.

Moderna and Pfizer are the 2 currently approved vaccines in the US.

The article you cite is about the joint Oxford/AstraZenica vaccine, which is used in South Africa and has proven to have moderate affect against that variant. But the Oxford/AstraZenica vaccine is not currently approved for use in the US.

Moderna, however, is claiming their vaccine does work against the South African strain but is also, as a precaution, working on a booster for enhanced immunity.

Link to another story -->

In other news, Pfizer claims their current vaccine is effective against the South African strain.

Link to one of many stories -->

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Novavax has 60% effectiveness against the South African variant and can be (somewhat) easily modified to cope with new strains. It uses a different technology that Pfizer and Moderna, but can still be adjusted.

There is news coming out now of a study that has found the Pfizer vaccine to be effective against the South African strain, but I have not seen any numbers yet. If they are simply measuring immune response rather than counting heads as in a larger study, they may not have any numbers to give yet.

One issue with Moderna and Pfizer is that their phase 3 trials were full before the South African variant became widely known. This is an advantage to Novavax and AstraZeneca (and others) who were working on filling their late-stage trials when the strain was known. They could look for it and gather information on it. Novavax has a phase 2b study in South Africa where 94% of the cases are the variant, so they were well placed to study it.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    A life long friend of mine (71) was vaccinated on the 29th of January and passed away on the 3rd of February. Assumption was that he had a heart attack. He did have a heart attack when he was 50 but had been in what appeared to be good health since. No respiratory problems and wasn't over weight. I don't believe in coincidences and I know a vaccine is designed to jump start your immune system.
    I'm not a doc but just be aware if you have any sort of underlying medical issues any vaccination could cause you serious problems.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'm not a doc but just be aware if you have any sort of underlying medical issues any vaccination could cause you serious problems.

Yep.... and even if it doesn't kill you, you are likely to end up with a limp wrist (per the cleric). That is likely to cause all kinds of FTF and FTE issues when running a handgun.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A life long friend of mine (71) was vaccinated on the 29th of January and passed away on the 3rd of February. Assumption was that he had a heart attack. He did have a heart attack when he was 50 but had been in what appeared to be good health since. No respiratory problems and wasn't over weight. I don't believe in coincidences and I know a vaccine is designed to jump start your immune system.
    Sorry to hear about your friend. Best wishes to you and his family.

...but that's a heck of a leap in logic. In fact, it's pure post hoc ergo propter hoc.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Got my first Moderna vaccination a few days ago. No aches or pains, just a stiff upper arm and some stomach cramps. Took one day off from work to sleep it off.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

...but that's a heck of a leap in logic. In fact, it's pure post hoc ergo propter hoc.
    Not sure what the latin means but I'm just relating what I know to be true. Obviously what I stated was my opinion about the possible cause of his death. Forgive me if my level of trust in anything "government" has been shaken in the last 10 months.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I like reading your posts. It gives me the opportunity to work on my latin!

"Since event Y followed event X, event Y must have been caused by event X.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not sure what the latin means but I'm just relating what I know to be true. Obviously what I stated was my opinion about the possible cause of his death. Forgive me if my level of trust in anything "government" has been shaken in the last 10 months.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If you truly believe this, you should strongly urge the family to have an autopsy performed. With the number of people getting vaccinated, if the vaccination can be fatal to people with common underlying conditions, that would be very important information to know. Seriously.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    If you truly believe this, you should strongly urge the family to have an autopsy performed. With the number of people getting vaccinated, if the vaccination can be fatal to people with common underlying conditions, that would be very important information to know. Seriously.
    I appreciate your concern and sincerity. The family just wants to get the death behind them. He was there a couple of days before being discovered and it's been difficult for everyone involved. As for me I wouldn't have mentioned it to them if I had the chance.. They were aware of the vaccination and his health issues. Aside from that, again my lack of trust to do with anything "covid" related is pretty much off the charts. Our leading expert vacillated from masks are virtue signals to imperative to wear in the span of a few months destroying any credibility he may have had. With any vaccination there is always a small possibility of an adverse reaction and they fear people will avoid the serum if a death is publicized.

Found from a quick search. Yes, it's only 13 people out of 30,000 but if you are one of the 13 it's a deadly consequence.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/23-die-in-norway-after-receiving-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine/
    Personally I choose to take my chances with the virus VS being vaccinated. I could be dead tomorrow but it's everyone's personal choice, this is still America, for the moment.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I didn't say "must have" caused it, I expressed my opinion. Neither of us can know the cause of his death but it's not out of the realm of possibility that the vaccination helped him along.
    I've know the guy over 50 years and have some idea of his physical condition and problems. Maybe it was simply his day to go, maybe it was a coincidence. Only the good Lord will ever know at this point.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I didn't say "must have" caused it, I expressed my opinion. Neither of us can know the cause of his death but it's not out of the realm of possibility that the vaccination helped him along.
    I've know the guy over 50 years and have some idea of his physical condition and problems. Maybe it was simply his day to go, maybe it was a coincidence. Only the good Lord will ever know at this point.
    Not saying anything about COVID19, just providing the meaning of the lawyers use of Latin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom