• Will AWB pass in 2013?

• Total voters

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Get your crystal ball out. Do you think a AWB will get through congress and be signed by the president in 2013? Not what you are hoping for but do you think one will pass with what you are seeing and hearing?

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The question is if enough members of the House of Representitives have been swayed negetavely towards further gun control or not. I believe we will find out early next year.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    While I wouldn't put money on it, I really don't think so. The nation's attention span is getting shorter and shorter every year, and we are already in a much better position public opinion wise than we were in the '90s. It could happen, but I just don't think it will have enough momentum.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    nope. this is sabre rattling at its finest. Feinstein gets lots of publicity and get to tell her base that she tried to do "something" about the violence.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I'm hoping its only sabre rattling but I think the media is going to force their hand, for those that want re-elected in their anti-2nd states in 2 yrs, this is an opportunity to show they are doing something. Don't rely on the NRA or any other gun group, the anti crowd is doing their own foot work, we need to as well.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I heard someone this morning say that if they want to pass something small and simple a ban on large capacity mags would easily sail through right now. So the GOP may support that to avoid a full AWB. I won't like it.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I have heard a couple different people say that maybe a AWB wont help prevent crimes but we have to do something for the kids and their families. REALLY? We have to do something even if it's wrong statements scare me.

hick185

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    if it scares you write and call your politicians. let them hear. do something about it. spread the word.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If the politicians really want to do something for the kids and their families, then why propose an assault weapons ban or a high capcity magazine ban as a remedy for a mass shooting that did not involve either an "assault weapon" or a high capacity magazine? :dunno:

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I heard someone this morning say that if they want to pass something small and simple a ban on large capacity mags would easily sail through right now. So the GOP may support that to avoid a full AWB. I won't like it.

This. I'd be surprised if a hi cap mag ban, at least for rifles; doesn't get passed. It'd be nice if they looked at most production handguns, and went with a 20 round limit instead of 10 since there are quite a few 9mm that come from the factory w/ 16-19 round mags.

However, the Glock 19 takes 15 round factory mags and is the most popular handgun in the world; so that may be the benchmark they go with. They'd offer it as a compromise that would disturb the least amount of gun owners and probably get GOP support.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I think there will be legislation. The group of liberal republicans in the house will make the difference. They will cave in to the pressure, turn tail, and show their true colors. The sad thing is this will only be the first step. Once one piece of legislation passes, it will create a downhill spiral and more rights will be challenged.

Slowly but surely, our freedoms are disappearing. This is the first step in the disarming of the American citizen. Remember the government is here to protect us. When we are disarmed we will be sent to work camps so they can protect us, and then...

MP43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Rochester
    Exactly, they have come up with a plan. They will be a officer hired for every household in the country to protect. So why would any of us need guns anymore. I know the last time i called the police it took them right at 25 minutes to get to my house. Nice!!!!!!

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I shudder at the thought but think it will be passed. I don't think it will be limited to just what's discussed above this post either. We can expect the worst and hope for better.

Top Bottom