• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I just got a call from my dad who is at my grandmothers. The doctor has put her on a treatment that requires a nebulizer machine so she can inhale some meds.

He was concern because the company that was dropping off the machine was going to bill them $60 per month for the machine. That did not sound right to him. This is the machine in question.

21RKAqNOIXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Respironics OptionHome Compressor Nebulizer System

The guy told me that they (my family) is lucky cause Medicare is footing 1/2 the bill for the machine. So $120 per month for this machine. Oh and after 13 months she gets to keep the machine. :rolleyes:

I tell him to NOT accept the machine. My daughter has a similar machine for her treatments and it cost me $30 to buy it! So I do a quick google search and sure enough find the machine they are trying to get my grandma to rent for $22 + $8 shipping at Amazon.com.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HZ7YUI/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A2XDFQ0HABGBBK"]Amazon.com: Respironics OptionHome Compressor Nebulizer System: RTA Medical Supply[/ame]

smiley-talk034.gif
    highway robbery of our senior citizens that is! "Oh medicare is paying for half of it BS!"

:xmad::xmad::xmad:
    All levels of FAIL on this one!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Hey, they are the ones that asked for a gaint government bureaucracy to manage their healthcare.

This is called getting what you asked for.

And yes, I agree with you 100%. That is way too much money to pay for a nebulizer. We have one that we bought for our daughter as well. It cost nothing close to $2400.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Almost makes you want to run out and apply for new electric powered scooter, doesn't it? If your insurance won't pay for it's free! :bs:

Top Bottom