• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    You probably walk by atleast a felon everyday in all your travels that has paid his debt to society. So a sex offender is worse than a violent felon? Who made you the judge? You know what God says about judging people. Personally, Im glad that I have my LTCH too but your views are just plain ignorant. And men are 3x stronger than women? Im surprised you're not anti-gun.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Hotel home to 24 molesters » Evansville Courier & Press

I actually went to this motel a month ago, just to park at the back of the lot so I could walk over to the railroad bridge for some photographs. All I had on me was a 6 inch Buck knife, and yet I had no idea that these people were being housed there. Nice to know that I can count on our news to let me in on this little secret. Sad thing is, kids live there.

As a father of two little ones (3 and 8) I can agree with you 110%. You can never be too carefull when protecting your own. I get the 17yo 18yo mad dad defence someone posted but here is the thing. When someone does this kind of thing with a small child, that person is way beyond fixing. Well you can fix that but we dont hang people anymore. The only cure for people like that is a pine box. You can be damn sure if anything ever happened to my kids I would be the one needing a lawyer.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    As a father of two little ones (3 and 8) I can agree with you 110%. You can never be too carefull when protecting your own. I get the 17yo 18yo mad dad defence someone posted but here is the thing. When someone does this kind of thing with a small child, that person is way beyond fixing. Well you can fix that but we dont hang people anymore. The only cure for people like that is a pine box. You can be damn sure if anything ever happened to my kids I would be the one needing a lawyer.

Going after someone, no matter what they did, is not self defence and not what having a LTCH is all about. Just because someone is labelled "sex offender" doe not mean that they are a evil paedophiles. They are human and deserve to be treated as such. I wouldn't take small kids around them but we all must allow them to live peacefully as they try to rebuild their lives.

Last edited:

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    You probably walk by atleast a felon everyday in all your travels that has paid his debt to society. So a sex offender is worse than a violent felon? Who made you the judge? You know what God says about judging people. Personally, Im glad that I have my LTCH too but your views are just plain ignorant. And men are 3x stronger than women? Im surprised you're not anti-gun.

I am not just pointing at sex offenders, I am pointing at the fact I could be out and about anywhere and not know who is around me thank you very much. As a lover of the outdoors I am constantly out and about, and most of the time I am alone because everyone says I just about kill them on hikes and *****. Also the fact is, that might not be his/her only offense, he/she might have done something much worse and never got caught. I guess if I have to write a book to make myself crystal clear, I will so maybe people like you might actually understand what I am saying. If it were 24 felons accused of murder, I would still be on here saying something only it would be about murderers, BUT IT WASN'T. And I don't care if they've "paid their debt to society"... what by serving in prison?? The fact is that many or some of them did something they knew was wrong and against the law, and figured they wouldn't get caught. And oh yes, because I am happy that I can protect myself, I should be anti-gun - hold on let me just walk around blindly and expect everyone to say hi and shake my hand and there to be no bad people out there.

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN

Damn right.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    They are human and deserve to be treated as such.

Really?

Love to hear you explain that to a child who has been molested. Better yet tell that to the father of a child who has been molested. I don't know you but I am guessing if you had kids and something happened to one of them you would choose different words.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Really?

Love to hear you explain that to a child who has been molested. Better yet tell that to the father of a child who has been molested. I don't know you but I am guessing if you had kids and something happened to one of them you would choose different words.

I have three kids, 15, 18, and 20. Fortunately nothing bad like that ever happened. I do know several registered sex offenders from my weekly homeless outreach ministry and have had deep discussions with several of them about grace and forgiveness. I don't know anyone who has actually molested a child, but if someone is truly remorseful and changing their life, and heading in the right direction, I can find it in my heart to forgive them. I was not always able to do this. I do not wish to preach here as I do not think it is appropriate or would be appreciated but forgiving someone is way better than pinning up hate.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    And I don't care if they've "paid their debt to society"... what by serving in prison??

Yes by serving in prison. Who are you to decide there punishment was not enough? That kind of thing should be up to God not you. I think you're letting your emotions get the best of your reasoning.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg

Dude, you're just plain wrong. She was not spouting hate. She found out the people who lived near her, and was rightly woried about her own safety. It is very well documented that sex offenders do not rehabilitate as easily as, lets say, a armed robber. A robber sees the error of his ways, but the molester is mentally broken. I'm at not saying they can't be fixed, just saying it's not as common.

There is a difference between judging someone & being realistic about your safety. Recognizing that some one has the potential to be a danger because of their conviction of a sex crime is not judging. That is being intellectually honest in assessing a possible threat.

Everyone deserves a second chance, and it's not our job to judge them. However, I am not about to let my guard down. Am I potentially a lot safer around people who are not felons than a bunch of people who are? You're Damn right I am. Does that mean I'm at judging them? No. It means I am making a decision based on the reality that that group of people made mistakes & there is a statistical probability that a good percentage of them are not rehabilitated, & might slip up again. Sorry man, but that's reality.

It looks to me like you might be the one doing some judging here.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Further more...I aplaud TTravis for the work he does in his ministry. Travis, you are tryuly doing God's work in teaching them that they can be fogiven, which is the the first step in their recovery/rehabilitation. However, I'm pretty sure TTravis carry's while serving them. Does that mean he's "judging them"? No, that means he's smart about protecting himself.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Further more...I aplaud TTravis for the work he does in his ministry. Travis, you are tryuly doing God's work in teaching them that they can be fogiven, which is the the first step in their recovery/rehabilitation. However, I'm pretty sure TTravis carry's while serving them. Does that mean he's "judging them"? No, that means he's smart about protecting himself.

Thank you for your kind words. A lot of my work is trying to get the worse of sinners to realize that God loves them and has a purpose for them. Often the hardest thing is to get them to forgive and stop hating themselves.

Let me just say that TTravis would be the wrong person to mess with. At 6'2 and 280# I would not be an easy target, and the Army did not give me captain bars for being a wuss. The thing is that when I lead these outreach trips, I feel responsible for the safety of those who are with me which often include youth. I do have LTCH and I also have a big mag light in my hand. In the 4 years I've been doing this though there has never been a violent situation. Sometimes I use my head and avoid or leave a stop if I know it is the first of the month and everyone has their money and there is a lot of partying going on. I have faith that I will be protected, but I also believe the Good Lord helps those who help themselves, and one of my gifts may be the ability to protect myself and those around me. I believe that people can sense that I have a certain level of confidence and lack of fear that would lead them to think that I am not so vulnerable. Besides, we are generally liked, appreciated, and considered to be good guys. These people are not strangers to me and I know most of them by name. We always treat people with kindness and respect, something they don't often get. A lot of people would help me if I were to be in trouble. I do believe that God will help me out if I am doing His work.

I am more concerned about a stray pit bull than anything else.

Top Bottom