• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Back in my home town, in Jackson, TN, there's a radio show that streams in the evening that I like to listen to occassionally just to keep up with what's going on back home. I wish they podcasted their shows so that you could go back and listen to what I heard because I probably won't do the story justice.

A caller called in to describe his abuses of the state and federal wealth redistribution systems. It's entirely possible this guy was just funnin' but with the detail he went into, I'm thinking he's telling the truth. I may get a few of the particulars mixed up but that's not the point. The point is with this amount of money available, is it any wonder able-bodied people avoid being productive.

He said that in the last year, he got the equivalent of $118,000 worth of cash in-hand and/or benefits. Thanks to ObamaCare his medical bills for his family (which included 3 or 5 kids--I can't remember which he said) is virtually $0. The only thing he pays is a couple of buck co-payments for prescriptions. He got a $50,000 grant from the federal government to help pay off his house. He got another grant to pay his almost new car off. He's getting 3 cell phones and services paid for. I think he said because of his asthma disability, he's getting $3800/month. Almost $1000/mo. in food stamps. His utilities are paid for. And I forget what else.

What a country.

http://www.wtjs.com/The-TJ-Network-Jackson-and-West-Tennessee-s-News-T/14666610

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My pride is worth more than all of that combined and doubled. I have mirrors in my house and I have no issue looking in them without shame. Obviously some people have no issue being parasites.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    We work because we were taught that is what you must do to provide for yourself and your family. We work because we have a sense of pride. We work so the goofs like this idiot don't have to.. It's sad to see what the wealth redistribution system has come to. We have far too many people abusing it and they're are proud of it. The scum of the earth they are.. Some people actually NEED this assistance!

One of my good girlfriends works at a local food stamp office and she says you won't believe how many people that only she deals with abuse the system. They try to come in and make a claim for more food stamp money, but they drink, smoke and have the latest iPhones. They eat steak and lobster more often than anyone who is out there making it on their own and that's the way the government wants it. Burns me up..

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My pride is worth more than all of that combined and doubled. I have mirrors in my house and I have no issue looking in them without shame. Obviously some people have no issue being parasites.

I hear ya. I wish I could better tell the entire story as he had a response to this aspect.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County

QFT!! I would much rather bust my ass day in and day out for what I have than have it given to me. That would be an absolute disgrace and my family and friends would disown me, and rightfully so.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We work because we were taught that is what you must do to provide for yourself and your family. We work because we have a sense of pride. We work so the goofs like this idiot don't have to.. It's sad to see what the wealth redistribution system has come to. We have far too many people abusing it and they're are proud of it. The scum of the earth they are.. Some people actually NEED this assistance!

One of my good girlfriends works at a local food stamp office and she says you won't believe how many people that only she deals with abuse the system. They try to come in and make a claim for more food stamp money, but they drink, smoke and have the latest iPhones. They eat steak and lobster more often than anyone who is out there making it on their own and that's the way the government wants it. Burns me up..

I was telling my wife about this story this evening. She has a cousin that is a social worker and she's mentioned that many of her clients come driving nicer cars than hers and make more money than she does.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I was telling my wife about this story this evening. She has a cousin that is a social worker and she's mentioned that many of her clients come driving nicer cars than hers and make more money than she does.

Yep, I have heard my good friend say the same thing.. I just don't see how a person can live with their self knowing that they are a burden to almost everyone who does work and pay taxes. How could you stand knowing that you are the lowest of low and that you can't ween off the tit of the rest of society?!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've probably heard a similar response, something like "Who's the idiot?". I pondered.

Kind of. He is in his middle 30s and has a degree in political science. Claims to not be a liberal but won't say who he voted for for president. Between he and his wife, they earned about $60K per year and decided that if the government is going to give this money away anyway and that it's all funny money anyway, why not? He said he'd gladly go back to work if he could find a job where it would get him ahead of where he's at with his abuses--and he even admits he's abusing the system.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    Kind of. He is in his middle 30s and has a degree in political science. Claims to not be a liberal but won't say who he voted for for president. Between he and his wife, they earned about $60K per year and decided that if the government is going to give this money away anyway and that it's all funny money anyway, why not? He said he'd gladly go back to work if he could find a job where it would get him ahead of where he's at with his abuses--and he even admits he's abusing the system.

This is another problem too, once a person is on the system the government makes it hard to get off of it because you have to have a $13/hr job or better for it to be better than living off of the system. Many people won't get off the system because they are too ****ing lazy to actually find a job that pays decent. Or they are too lazy to go to school to get the degree of get the apprenticeship to help them get something better. It's easier to sit at home and watch TV and suck the tit.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I just don't see how a person can live with their self knowing that they are a burden to almost everyone who does work and pay taxes. How could you stand knowing that you are the lowest of low and that you can't ween off the tit of the rest of society?!

Part of the problem is that many are absolutely clueless and believe the government is an actual "thing" which can provide for them without consequence. Some truly just don't care. I have less than zero respect for either group.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Part of the problem is that many are absolutely clueless and believe the government is an actual "thing" which can provide for them without consequence. Some truly just don't care.

My mother and mother-in-law believe this. More than once I've heard both react to some story of woe with a comment of why the government can't do something about it. When asked if they realize that money will come out their pockets (and mine), they just look at you like you grew a third head and say something like "well, the government can afford it". :rolleyes:

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    Part of the problem is that many are absolutely clueless and believe the government is an actual "thing" which can provide for them without consequence. Some truly just don't care. I have less than zero respect for either group.

Another HUGE problem is that too many people are just downright too lazy to put the effort into finding a job. I find it funny when I hear someone say they can't find a job.. Call me an ******* but I just tell them you're not trying then.

Too many people, especially of these newer generation believe they are entitled to everything without working for anything. The world doesn't owe you anything, and the sooner you realize that, the better!!

alexIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Fishers

And where do they get the money to hand out welfare checks and food stamps to the leeches? Part of my tax money that I bust my butt working 80 hour weeks to support my family...

Top Bottom