Why do people now think Sig is better than Glock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I've been curious about Sigs lately. I would like to try one, but since I don't have any experience with them I can't comment on exactly how much better they are then glocks. :laugh6::hehe: Seriously though, cce1302 nailed with this post. Reliability and accuracy are a must on any quality pistol. They all malfunction at basically the same rate and more so with junk ammo and worn out magazines. There are other factors factors that have to be considered when comparing handguns. If your argument is "my gun is reliable and shoots where I aim it so it is the best then you are just drinking the kool-aid.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    While you guys are busy fighting, Heckler and Koch are in your castles raiding the fridge, and your daughters' rooms.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    If I ever bought another SIG it would be an older model. Way too many problems today with frames wearing too fast, take down levers breaking, and just general crappy QA and worse customer service.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    And I'm sure if Bigum sees this thread he'll post a pic of this piece of art

Yeah, no kidding! That is one very nice handgun! :patriot:

Damn, I'm so predictable!

226side1.jpg

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    In the DTI pistol course I took recently, we did a "battlefield pick up" drill where everyone got to shoot everyone else's pistol. There were 20 students, and it seemed like every other pistol was a Glock. There were a couple of Sigs, a couple Berettas, a Walther, a Steyr, a scattering of XDs.

I went down the line, picked up each pistol, and fired twice. You know what I learned? That I can fight just fine with any of them.

Each gun went bang each time I pulled the trigger. Each one put a bullet where I wanted it to go. Did I like the feel of my Sig more than the Glocks? Sure--I'm much more used to it. It's also undisputably prettier to anyone with a soul.

Would I pick up a Glock if I had to, and fight with absolute confidence? You bet.

As an interesting side note--there were, I believe (rhino can correct me if I'm wrong) two or three Berettas--and ALL of them broke over the course of two days of shooting.

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    I shoot a Sig 226 in production division of USPSA and have for about two years now. Both of my 226's have been utterly reliable in that time with thousands of rounds. I also own a Glock 19 which in my opinion is one of the finest carry pistol ever. I do change the trigger return spring on the 19 at a regular interval. A small price to pay to relieve a weakness in the design. But I would go looking for whatever went bump in the night with either.

Top Bottom