• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    JMO, a couple of reasons is that some don't shop around or they're not willing to drive any distance out of their way for better prices.
    Sure. It depends on the individual. If you are short of money, you may go out of your way to save some. If you aren't, you may not.

I'm the kind of guy who won't go to the gas station across the street from my usual one to save ten cents a gallon if it causes me to make a left turn in traffic. But that's just me.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Why are people paying so much for 380 ammo, I really don't understand why someone would pay $30.00 + dollars for a box of 50 PRACTICE Ammo If you are going to spend the money, Why not buy 10mm or 45acp. Can someone fill me in pleae,:dunno:

380 cal guns don't work very well with 45 acp amo or 10mm either.:dunno:

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    I guess my point was that it wasn't THAT difficult to find and the stuff I do find is not THAT expensive (to me anyways).

It's all relative when it comes to money. Some people would say 10 cents a round is too much. For me if it is a carry round, then under a $1 each is fine with me. If it is practise rounds, then I think under 33 cents (preferably under a quarter) in this market is fair and still easy to come by if you have the time to look around. Just my 2 cents.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Based on what I've seen, my theory is that many people have purchased a handgun for the first time since Barry got elected and many of those people went with a .380. And since many of these folks are first timers, they didn't have a stock of ammo built up, so they have to pay the going rate or have a gun with little ammo on hand (never a good situation).

Add to this the recent popularity of the P3AT, LCP, etc. and there you go.

380 has never made economic sense to me.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Based on what I've seen, my theory is that many people have purchased a handgun for the first time since Barry got elected and many of those people went with a .380. And since many of these folks are first timers, they didn't have a stock of ammo built up, so they have to pay the going rate or have a gun with little ammo on hand (never a good situation).

Add to this the recent popularity of the P3AT, LCP, etc. and there you go.

380 has never made economic sense to me.

I don't think that a .380 is a good gun to go to the range and shoot for pleasure but I sure like carrying it.

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    I don't think that a .380 is a good gun to go to the range and shoot for pleasure but I sure like carrying it.

Absolutely! 100% my sentiment exactly.

If I want to shoot for pleasure, I'll take my XD SC. But I also like to get proficient with an easy-carry gun as well, which happens to be an LCP.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yeah, I am kinda regretting the 380 as a first gun due to price of ammo, but I like it too much to get rid of it. Eventually I want a .22lr to go shooting with. I would love a Bersa 22 since it is the same frame as my 380.

Top Bottom