• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    If you feel the need to argue and get face to face with a guy then draw when he hits you, you are an idiot. You have the responsibility as a gun owner/carrier to avoid stuff like that, to back down, to lessen the threat, not escalate it. A fistfight that you helped provoke should not be any reason to draw a gun. You get in someone elses face and then draw when they step up....he wasnt in fear for his life the whole time until he got punched. The other guy retreated then he should have backed into his house and called the cops if he was in fear. If he drew and shot someone in that scenario he should have been charged with manslaughter. He had every opportunity from what I saw to de-escalate it and chose to raise the threat level by persuing and attacking the wife. The wife posed no threat by standing still and videoing. He attacked her while having a gun in his hand, thats assault with a weapon. Yes I know all the FACTS that I saw and mentioned. "Easily could have been a tactical retreat or a move to pick up a shovel or a baseball bat. " did you see any of that? I saw the guy run behind a car to hide....who is the person guessing and not pointing out facts now?

Blah blah blah. you weren't there. you don't know what was said. It is possible you are entirely correct. You don't know that. You guess that. And I'm still not buying the whole "he had been drinking so carrying a gun is negligent" thing.

As I said in my first post, clearly the guy is guilty of assault on the camera chick and being stupid. I'm just saying that you have the advantage of being the guy that didn't just get cold cocked. Also he never shot anyone. He had the gun out AFTER he was ATTACKED and did NOT shoot anyone. I'm not seeing how he is guilty of anything regarding drawing his weapon. In fact what he did is essentially what OCers do everyday--make it known he has a weapon--never even points it at anyone.

Also I'm gonna have to call Bull**** on you knowing anything about the "retreat", the guy is clearly off camera.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What I saw on the video was a man getting punched in the face and then drawing his weapon. I have to question whether being punched would/should cause you to fear for your life. All physical aggression is not the same. If the gun weren't involved it would seem that this would have been just a couple of idiots duking it out. The introduction of the handgun took it to another level. This should give us all cause for a little introspection.
    I saw a guy in Chicago a number of years ago get punched in the face. He fell down, hit his head on the sidewalk and died.

If you care to do a little news archive research you can find craptons of incidents wherein someone got punched in the face and died as a result.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    In the video, you see a guy standing in his doorway talking to the puncher. My question is, is why didn't the guy just go back inside or just stay in his doorway?
    The second question is, why is the punching idiot even confronting the guy?
    The third question, could any of these three not wait until the next Springer show?

Top Bottom