• ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Anyone else going?

I haven't been in the last 2 years. But I'll be there next weekend. I'm pretty pumped up about it!

Plus, my younger brother will be working there. Mandatory since he enlisted in the Air Force Reserves the other weekend.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The boy and I are planning to go with my Dad, as is our annual custom. Last year, the Indy show was rained out, so we did the Dayton show in July, instead.

Forecast is currently showing a 40-60% chance of rain both days :xmad: so we'll be playing it by ear and buying tickets (or not) at the last minute. Why they moved the Indy show from late summer to mid-May is beyond me.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The boy and I are planning to go with my Dad, as is our annual custom. Last year, the Indy show was rained out, so we did the Dayton show in July, instead.

Forecast is currently showing a 40-60% chance of rain both days :xmad: so we'll be playing it by ear and buying tickets (or not) at the last minute. Why they moved the Indy show from late summer to mid-May is beyond me.

The show last year was only rained out on Saturday and all tickets for that day was honored on Sunday. I know I was there:D, my 8th in a row.

As per usual I will be in the Aviators club up on the flight line, well worth the extra $$$'s to get a front row seat along with lunch and all the soft drinks and water you want for free.

This year I not only plan to take my usual 900 to 1500 pictures, but am taking my Kodak mini video recorder and also using my Droid X's video.

I will be sporting my INGO Tactical hat and plan on being in the Aviators Club all day expect for maybe a early jaunt to take some pics on the tarmac. After I do have to get a pic of my fav plane of all time...

IMG_6002.jpg

I also hope to catch some good pics like this last year...

IMG_8814.jpg

Nothing like actually see a F-18 almost popping the sound barrier right in front of you.:D

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I also hope to catch some good pics like this last year...

IMG_8814.jpg

Nothing like actually see a F-18 almost popping the sound barrier right in front of you.:D

AWESOME, AWESOME photo Beerman. My dad and I will be there, not in the Aviators club, but we sun table seats.

Maybe we’ll see you there.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    AWESOME, AWESOME photo Beerman. My dad and I will be there, not in the Aviators club, but we sun table seats.

Maybe we’ll see you there.

I would have given my left one if he would have tapped the throttle a "little" harder to push that past the tail section for a boom.

I've taken thousands of pics and that one and the below are part of my top 10 fav airshow pics. F-22 Raptor during the 2008 airshow. If memory serves me correct that year is was very overcast and the Air Force Thunder Turkeys did nothing but strafe the field.

IMG_3774.jpg

Not a bad pic for a day that got worse as it went along right in the heat of August, I was so happy that they moved the show to early June last year which is where it was originally held till they moved it to August.

If it does not rain, and the cloud cover is not heavy and low, I think that it could be an excellent day for observing and taking pics of the show.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    This will be my first air show since I was in 3rd grade. I’m excited to take pics! We’ll have to compare shots afterwards!

Truckie174

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Pendleton
    It was moved to mid-May due to a scheduling conflict with the Blue Angels. So, they moved it up. Next year will be back later in the summer, like normal.

Top Bottom