• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who would you vote for to be our next president, Obama or Gov. Mitch Daniels

• Total voters

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Hands down, Mitch would get my vote if he had the nomination.

I know this isn't the question, but I would vote Ron Paul over Daniels in primaries should Daniels decide to run, though.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    None of the above.

Have you heard some of the things Mitch has said lately? He is definately not conservative, and is even further from libertarian. He's talking about the VAT again, and engaging in the same class warfare (rich people don't pay enough and need to pay more) that Obama is.

I hope that he doesn't run and doesn't get the nomination. I haven't seen a candidate yet that excites me. I sure wish Jindal would have run.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Mitch has done more things that i hate than he's done that I like. He's not above selling off the country and out sourcing everything.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    If the question was "Would you vote for a big pile of :poop: or Obama," I'd vote for the big pile of :poop:, so the choice isn't really indicative of whether Mitch could be the standard bearer. I'd vote for Ron Paul before Mitch, or even (gulp) Newt before Mitch for reasons that SemperFi indicated, but would take any of them before Obama. I don't think Mitch has nearly the support he thinks he has, his grass roots are astroturf.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    You might not agree with how Mitch does things... but you have to say one thing about him and that is he knows how to manage money. If he could do to the Federal Gov what he's done to Indiana's Government fiscally......

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What is the matter with outsourcing gubmint jobs?

Seriously I don't understand why we need to have workers on the government payroll when we can shift the jobs to the private sector. If the state Constitution doesn't require that we have a worker employed by the state then there is no reason that that worker cannot be employed in the private sector.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    You might not agree with how Mitch does things... but you have to say one thing about him and that is he knows how to manage money. If he could do to the Federal Gov what he's done to Indiana's Government fiscally......
    you mean sell off large tracts of land to foreign companies to balance the budget? eventually you run out of land.
    What is the matter with outsourcing gubmint jobs?

Seriously I don't understand why we need to have workers on the government payroll when we can shift the jobs to the private sector. If the state Constitution doesn't require that we have a worker employed by the state then there is no reason that that worker cannot be employed in the private sector.
    there is a difference between privatizing jobs and sending them overseas.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I can't even vote for myself, because I'm too pure.

I remember all the times in the past I did stuff that I now disagree with. So my present self will never spend a dime on my current self because I'll never forget or forgive what my past self has done.

Also I've changed my views over time. I remember when I used to say things that I now find totally unacceptable. I swore then I'd never vote for myself in the future.

Also, I've compromised in the past when it was to my benefit. Yes, I compromised my principles from time to time. So, having taken note of that, I can never in good consicience vote for myself.

Also, I was awarded several medals in the Army that don't appear on my DD214. There are pictures of me in my uniform with medals I was awarded but that now do not appear on my 214 after I got out. Of course, that makes me a liar and a cheat, even if those medals in the photo were pinned on me by my various commanders.

Also, I have made some personal mistakes in the past that I have since learned from. But I couldn't in good conscience ever vote for someone who had made those kinds of mistakes.

So, basically, I'm much too righteous to EVER vote for myself.

Bskurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Seriously, how could anybody vote for Nobama? :noway: What a joke! :noway: He has done nothing but try to bury this country. Then he tries to salvage everything by taking credit for something he had NOTHING to do with and probably didn't even believe in.

Top Bottom