Who does the cheapest FFL transfers in Lake County?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    I live waay up in the northwest corner of Indiana, so I'm at an inherent disadvantage here. I'd rather not drive out to Portage or Valpo if I can avoid it.

So far, the info I've collected says this (format is Store Name: Handguns/Long guns/NFA)

Hammond Cabela's:$35/$25
    Gary Westforth Sports: $40/$40
    Griffith Blythe's: $50+ depending on formula
    Hammond Deb's Gun Range:$50

Does Bass Pro Shop do FFL transfers? How much?

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i always thought they were $35 for all transfers at cabelas. my NCIS check always gets delayed and my understanding is that cabelas will not release after 3 business days.

RegionRaider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Hammond
    Cabelas for all your shooting needs. They have a wider assortment of ammo and cleaning supplies. They also carry a wide variety at various price ranges. If they don't have it, they'll order it.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    It's $25 for long guns and $35 for handguns. My checks never get delayed. Maybe you should get an LTCH.

LTCH has nothing to do with FEDERAL background checks. I have had my LTCH since 1981, and many of my transactions still get delayed, and in 2 cases over the years denied because there is someone out there with a name similar to mine with a criminal history. I have a Federal UPIN, and I still get delayed.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    LTCH has nothing to do with FEDERAL background checks. I have had my LTCH since 1981, and many of my transactions still get delayed, and in 2 cases over the years denied because there is someone out there with a name similar to mine with a criminal history. I have a Federal UPIN, and I still get delayed.

Hah! Shows what I know. Indiana's LTCH doesn't qualify. Many other states' permits do exempt you from the check:

ATF Online - Firearms - Brady Law / NICS - Permit Chart

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    When I lived in Lake county I used a guy in St John, HR Robinson, I think, you can find him thru gun broker, $20 xfer.

Now that I live in Portage I use Dennis with Great Lakes. $20 and very close to me. Heck of a nice guy.

I don't see why anyone would over pay for transfers.... there are lots of options available, even in NW Indiana.

Top Bottom