• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I find this very hard to believe, but it is reported in a major European newspaper. It even ties this request to the purchase of billions of rounds of ammo by the DHS.

Obama Requests 15,000 Russian Troops For

Anyone heard anything about this from another source? Just curious. What do you think?

Major? Really?
    I never heard of it and I know quite a few European newspapers. :dunno: :rolleyes:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The article is partly true to be sure.There is nothing in the request for where experts would be needed.It does not call them troops either like in the article.It calls them experts or human resources in the event of a disaster.I am posting a link to the Russian Emergency Situations Management English website.The deal was signed.The article you posted does add to and elaborate details that are not in any of the press releases,but the agreement itself is very real.I could not find a copy of the agreement,or any of the past agreements online to read for myself.

Several documents signed during joint work of Russian Emergency Ministry and FEMA

The Russian Emergency Situations Ministry and the USA Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) are going to exchange experts during joint rescue operations in major disasters. This is provided by a protocol of the fourth meeting of the U.S.-Russia Bilateral Presidential Commission Working Group on Emergency Situations and seventeenth meeting of Joint U.S.-Russia Cooperation Committee on Emergency Situations, which took place in Washington on 25 June.
    The document provides for expert cooperation in disaster response operations and to study the latest practices.
    In addition, the parties approved of U.S.-Russian cooperation in this field in 2013-2014, which envisages exchange of experience including in monitoring and forecasting emergency situations, training of rescuers, development of mine-rescuing and provision of security at mass events.
    At the end of the meeting the parties expressed their satisfaction with the level of cooperation between the Russian Federation and the United States in the area of emergency prevention and response and agreed to develop it in order to respond efficiently to all kinds of disasters.

and from the US Embassy press release. http://iipdigital.usembassy.gov/st/english/article/2010/06/201006181522421ejrehsif0.4771845.html

Press release for the US State department.http://m.state.gov/mc45970.htm
    16th Meeting of the Joint U.S.-Russia Committee on Cooperation in Emergency Management
    The U.S.-Russia Bilateral Presidential Commission Working Group on Emergency Situations, and the 16th Meeting of the Joint U.S.-Russia Committee on Cooperation in Emergency Management, took place in Vladivostok, Russia on October 8. The meeting brought together Vladimir Puchkov, Minister for Civil Defense, Emergencies and Elimination of the Consequences of Natural Disasters, and Timothy Manning, Deputy Administrator for Protection and National Preparedness for the Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) for talks on disaster forecasting, the exchange of best practices, and joint training.

And the FEMA press release.http://www.fema.gov/current-employe...tor-leads-us-delegation-annual-meeting-russia
    The meetings concluded with Deputy Administrator Manning and EMERCOM Minister Vladimir Puchkov formally signing a protocol of the meeting and adopting the 2012-2014 joint work plan that detailed plans for conducting a host of cooperative activities and exchanges.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've seen EU Times stories before and many of them are just off the wall, Infowars kind of crap. I would take anything from them with a few pounds of salt, unless you've seen it in a real news organ. This story is one I can't buy, even from Obama.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've seen EU Times stories before and many of them are just off the wall, Infowars kind of crap. I would take anything from them with a few pounds of salt, unless you've seen it in a real news organ. This story is one I can't buy, even from Obama.

Again this is why I asked about it. I am unfamiliar with the EU Times. Smokingman does give some credibility to some of the things reported and some more reliable sources.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    seems-legit-18280.jpg

seems-legit-22764.jpg

seems-legit-640x364.jpg

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    15k troops? Is that all it takes to finish what Obama started, and secure a new communist federal government?

No... but the added security might be useful for all the criminals on Capitol Hill should the economy collapse and chaos... revolution ensues.

Top Bottom