While at the range on any given day......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    I have to agree with most here. I would allow anyone whom asked and showed some since on knowledge into guns. Now with that I have asked several female guests of other shooter at the range if they wanted to fire my .22 Smith and Wesson after seeing them shoot of a .45 or bigger round from their boyfriend/husbands gun. I know you guys that get the rental guns want the "Big Ones" but think of others. We need more women shooters and not to scare them away. But Yes I would let you shoot any of mine if you asked me.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I have only had the situation come up once, and a guy who was with a group of folks saw me firing my litttle Minx. He asked if he could shoot it, and I said sure. Loaded the mag, chambered the round (since it had a tip up barrel most people don't ever see), and placed on the bench, barrel down range. He cocked it and went through the magazine. From just a quick glace, he looked like he was shooting a Gloack in a .40 cal, but not sure. He was amazed at the non-existant recoil (.22 short compared to 9mm/.40 S&W/ .45) ;-)

Top Bottom