Which military branch is better to join in your opinion ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    If you were going to join the military which branch would you join? and why ??
    if you have been in the military how was it compared to what the recuiters say ?? do you get your money on time, how about time off, is there a lot of suprises or is it like you were told before you signed up.
    debating on joining and looking at diffrent options.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    The Navy....So I could be stuck on a boat with hundreds of men(If I wasn't married of course)! I always threaten my husband with this! LMAO. Probably wouldn't work out that well for you! :)

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    One thing is keep an open mind regarding any field you choose going in, don't have just one in mind and then if you don't end up in it think the military sucks. The military is what you make of it. JMO

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Depends on what you want to do. If you want a good chance of getting in the ****, then join the Army or Marines. If you love the water, but do not want to be underway very long the Coast Guard. If you love the water, do not care about longer deployments and want more technical jobs then the Navy. If you want technical jobs, but want the best equipment and the best everything then the Air Force.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Depends on what you want to do. If you want a good chance of getting in the ****, then join the Army or Marines. If you love the water, but do not want to be underway very long the Coast Guard. If you love the water, do not care about longer deployments and want more technical jobs then the Navy. If you want technical jobs, but want the best equipment and the best everything then the Air Force.

I agree, just what i'd say.:patriot: Doesn't matter whatever branch someone joins they are still serving their country and protecting the liberal pieces of ****!

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Here's a handy guide to help you with your decision:

Differences.jpg

:D

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    if you have been in the military how was it compared to what the recuiters say ?? do you get your money on time, how about time off, is there a lot of suprises or is it like you were told before you signed up.

My recruiter was straight with me so there wasn't any BS. I signed up with the knowledge of soldier first regardless of my MOS.

I'm not sure what you're asking about money on time? Are you talking about bonuses or something else? When I was in we were paid twice a month, if something was screwed up it was an S-1 problem. I filed my bonus paperwork correctly and received it in a fair amount of time.

Time off is a Command issue not which branch you decide on. If your CO says no it's that simply.

There are surprises, sweeping leafs with a broom because we had to look busy. Sitting around the motor pool for the same reason but again it is more of a command decision. My first unit had the "out of sight, out of mind" policy when we didn't have anything to do, but my last unit had us separate the little rocks from the big rocks because they didn't get along to keep us busy.

I wanted combat in the Infantry when I joined so I had the USMC and Army to pick from. Nothing against the Pogs, I just felt CA was right for me and it was.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    My recruiter was straight with me so there wasn't any BS. I signed up with the knowledge of soldier first regardless of my MOS.

I'm not sure what you're asking about money on time? Are you talking about bonuses or something else? When I was in we were paid twice a month, if something was screwed up it was an S-1 problem. I filed my bonus paperwork correctly and received it in a fair amount of time.

Time off is a Command issue not which branch you decide on. If your CO says no it's that simply.

There are surprises, sweeping leafs with a broom because we had to look busy. Sitting around the motor pool for the same reason but again it is more of a command decision. My first unit had the "out of sight, out of mind" policy when we didn't have anything to do, but my last unit had us separate the little rocks from the big rocks because they didn't get along to keep us busy.

I wanted combat in the Infantry when I joined so I had the USMC and Army to pick from. Nothing against the Pogs, I just felt CA was right for me and it was.

:+1: Army Infantry. I did it once and I'd do it again.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    First off I want to say that every branch of the US Military if first rate, top notch service no matter which branch you choose.
    I feel your service choice and mos choice should be based on your personality and what you want to do in the military.
    If you are looking for the best accomidations as far as barracks, not sleeping in tents in the field, eating better meals in a dinning facility rather then MRE's etc. I would say Air Force, especially if you want to make it a career rather than one enlistmant
    We have the best Army, Navy , Airforce and Marine Corps in the world.
    Of course I am biased to the Marines because I served 6 years active duty and am damn proud of it. Life in the Marines may be more difficult than other branches but some of that be more so depending on MOS.
    I chose A Marine Air Wing MOS. In that you have a combo of several Marine functions. The 0311 (infantry) is the backbone of the Corps and the rest of the Corps function is to support them. Every Marine is a rifleman so even being an "Air Winger" you will spend some time humping with a pack in the field, and you may spend some time on an aircraft carrier.
    But you will get a combination of both. Working on aircraft much of the time and time in the field. Once you claim the title Marine, that is pride that no one can take from you as long as you live. I feel there is a comradery in the Marines unlike the other branches. Once a Marine always a Marine. I am still in touch with many of the Marines I served with in the 80's.
    The only regret I have is not staying in. If I could only turn back time I would have stayed in.
    I also have great respect for all the other branches of the military, although I feel the Marine Corps is the best.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    An army guy looks up at a helecopter and calls it a chopper, an air force guy calls it a helo. A marine looks up and pounds his chest while going uuuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

You'll think which ever 3 branches you didn't choose will be better. If you do decide to sign up make the recruiter put everything he promised in writing.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

Navy, 3 hots and a cot.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    "If the Army and the Navy, ever looked on heaven's scene's, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines"!
    Semper Fidelis :patriot:

Top Bottom