• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vi3t1uv

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2008
    Indy
    Hi folks, i'm new in this forum and i'm heading out there to one the gunshow in Indiana, and i needed to know which one is the better one among these:

Crown Point Gun Show
    Crown Point
    Lake County Fairgrounds
    889 Court St.

Evansville Gun Show
    Evansville National Guard Armory
    3000 Division St.

FOP Lodge 143 Gun Show
    Rochester Fulton County Fairgrounds
    1009 W. 3rd. St. (NW)

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I went to the show today at Rochester. It is a smaller show, but still decent, and close to home. The shows at both Crown Point and Evansville are bound to be bigger with more vendors. I would say go to the one that is closest to where you live

vi3t1uv

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2008
    Indy
    I went to the show today at Rochester. It is a smaller show, but still decent, and close to home. The shows at both Crown Point and Evansville are bound to be bigger with more vendors. I would say go to the one that is closest to where you live

Thanks for the reply. I'll be coming from Michigan so pretty much the same distance for me. You happen to know which one of them will allow private sale, i'm looking forward to sale some of mine if possible.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Thanks for the reply. I'll be coming from Michigan so pretty much the same distance for me. You happen to know which one of them will allow private sale, i'm looking forward to sale some of mine if possible.

If you're saying you are coming to Indiana to sell your firearms, I would advise you to NOT do that If you're a MI resident. Not legal, and no one wants to be brought up on federal charges.

:twocents:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The Crown Point show is usually pretty good. As to cross statel line sales, I know that Indiana allows sales of long guns across state line with Ohio, KY and Illinois. I would guess Michigan would be ok for long guns too. Handguns on the other hand cannot be sold by individuals across state lines without going through an FFL.

Please verify by checking with Indiana state law on their website.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    The gun show at Evansville sucks way too much flea market crap and nongun stuff. I went in there yesterday and walked through there in 25 minutes. I don't know why I keep going to these shows in Evansville.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    How's the 1500 gun show that they are doing at the fair grounds towards the end of october?

Not as good as it used to be. They raised the table prices so a lot of vendors skip it now and it's more flea-market-y than it used to be.

That said, we still go, as it's a good place to shop a bunch of vendors all at the same time. You still occasionally find a deal, too.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    How's the 1500 gun show that they are doing at the fair grounds towards the end of october?

Not as good as it used to be. They raised the table prices so a lot of vendors skip it now and it's more flea-market-y than it used to be.

That said, we still go, as it's a good place to shop a bunch of vendors all at the same time. You still occasionally find a deal, too.
    And occasionally you find a blue INGO hat or six. :)

Jmak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The last 1500 a month or so ago was the smallest as far as vendors go, in my opinion. I stayed about an hour on Sunday. Then again I was not looking for much of anything anyway.

Relay4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Kokomo

If you have never been to the Indy 1500 you owe it to yourself to go at least once to see for yourself. Admission is a bit more than the smaller local shows but it is a much larger show.

I thought the last show was a fairly good one. There were vendors who are "regulars" who weren't there this time and vendors who were new to me that took their place. There is alot to see at the 1500.

rkba_net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    The Crown Point show is usually pretty good. As to cross statel line sales, I know that Indiana allows sales of long guns across state line with Ohio, KY and Illinois. I would guess Michigan would be ok for long guns too. Handguns on the other hand cannot be sold by individuals across state lines without going through an FFL.

Please verify by checking with Indiana state law on their website.

1- the "Contiguous state" language was deleted from Federal Law in 1986 with the passing of the Gun Owners Protection Act. The old law allowed purchases of LONG-GUNS only from a state that is contiguous with yours and then only from an FFL. INDIVIDUAL sales, gifts etc etc between INDIVIDUALS from different states has been against FEDERAL LAW since 1968 (GCA 1968).

2- The Indiana enabling language for "Contiguous state" purchases is now obsolete.

3- Federal Law currently allows one to purchase a LONG-GUN only from ANY out of state FFL as long as both states laws are obeyed. Individual sales, gifts etc to an out of state resident are still ILLEGAL.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Gun shows in general are pretty terrible, really. They work well if you want to buy overpriced firearms I guess.

Last edited:

vi3t1uv

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2008
    Indy
    Anyone go to the Dunes Rifle & Pistol Club today yet? How is it compared to the Washington Conservatioin Club, and the Linton show at the National Guard? Mind to share your experiences?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    You guys who live a short distance from the 1500 are spoiled. The gun shows at the fairgrounds in Louisville, cost you $14.00, including parking before you walk in the door. With there being so few bargains, and as an Indiana resident, not being able to sell, except to a dealer, it is pretty much an expensive proposition.

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    The Fort Wayne gun show has went downhill a little IMHO. It keeps getting smaller and smaller. Getting to be a little like a flea market too.

Top Bottom