• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I have a Taurus 24/7. And thanks for the advice, this is probably the best I have heard. I'll definitely look around for a more compact version.

That would be your best bet. Taurus makes several .45 caliber guns smaller than your gun. The 24/7 compact version is only a bit smaller than the 24/7 you have. However, they offer compact PT145 that has an overall length of just 6 inches.

If you want a smaller caliber, they also have several options that would work.

I usually recommend that if a person carries two different size guns, they have two guns of the same caliber. That being said, a compact or subcompact .45 may be a bit of a handful to shoot.

In the end, it comes down to personal preference and funds available for ammo really.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I may have the opportunity to pick up an XD9 sub compact, which very much interests me as I'm looking for a good conceal carry gun right now. I've also looked at the Ruger SR9c, which I like for the most part aside from the magazine release safety (or whatever that stupid doohickey is called). Which should I choose and why?

Just for your reference, this link will take you to a thread where, among other things, the author describes how to remove the mag disconnect in the SR9. It really is a piece of cake...if I can do it anyone can.

RugerForum.com :: View topic - SR9 How-To (Multiple Inside) Updated 4/5/09 W/ Videos!

I'm going to be getting myself a SR9c by the end of the year. :yesway: Unless I run into another WWII era relic to add to my collection...I'm probably going to take the plunge and put a M1A1 carbine on layaway and that'll take some time to pay off.

Sorry...sort of drifted off topic there.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I like...love Glock because they fit and work for me. All bias aside, find a store with a variety of manufacturers and fondle the crap out of them to see what feels best to you. It would be best to find a ship where you could even rent and shoot at their range before buying.

Both of your choices are good, but another one may be better for you.

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I have several XD'd and would not consider changing. Having sad that I have a friend that loves his Ruger. Bottom line is which one fits your hand?

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    That would be your best bet. Taurus makes several .45 caliber guns smaller than your gun. The 24/7 compact version is only a bit smaller than the 24/7 you have. However, they offer compact PT145 that has an overall length of just 6 inches.

If you want a smaller caliber, they also have several options that would work.

I usually recommend that if a person carries two different size guns, they have two guns of the same caliber. That being said, a compact or subcompact .45 may be a bit of a handful to shoot.

In the end, it comes down to personal preference and funds available for ammo really.

I agree on compact .45's being a handful... That's why I was looking at the Ruger. I think I'm just going to have to shoot the SR9c because that's the one I'm leaning towards.

Top Bottom