Which Aimpoint mount for Troy micro battle sights??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I have a set of troy front and rear micro battle sights on my Daniel Defense M4 v5 and im wanting to put an aimpoint micro H-1 on it. My question is which mount? Absolute or lower 1/3? If i go with the lower 1/3 mount will the micro BUIS be too short to see through the aimpoint? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was under the impression that the Micro sights were designed for guns with elevated top rails, like the HK416, ACR, SCAR, XCR, etc. As such, they'll sit a bit low on a standard AR, and you might have trouble finding a mount that allows a decent co-witness. My guess (not having tried it) is that a mount designed for absolute co-witness with standard BUIS will give lower 1/3 with the Micros. If you want absolute co-witness with the Micros, you'll need to go with a lower mount designed for the 416 (LaRue makes one, among others).

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Well when i ordered the sights i didnt know i ordered the micros. I meant to order the standard sights. I like to have the lower 1/3 co witness so i was hoping that the absolute co witness would give me that with these sights but im not sure. They are still brand new in the package but ive had them too long to return. I may just sell them and get different ones.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    From Troy's website

Troy BattleSights set the world standard for performance and durability. Now, Troy has developed a rugged low-profile sight designed for firearms with top rails higher than the standard M4. For shooters who favor a sightline that's as close to the barrel as possible, or for those with raised top rail systems, the Troy Micro BattleSight provides an ideal solution.

The Troy Micro BattleSight greatly enhances weapons such as the new IAR, the Sig Sauer 556® Pistol and Carbine, POF 416® & 417®, FN Scar®, Robinson Armament XCR®, Heckler & Koch 416® & 417® and other weapons with raised top rails. Troy Miro BattleSights are rugged, reliable and Battle Ready. Sold as a set only. Made in the U.S.A. *Lifetime limited warranty, see Weapon Upgrade | M4 | M16 | AR15 | Firearm Accessory | Troy Industries for details.

I'd email Troy and see if they would exchange them for you. Willing to bet that they would.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Hmmmmm, i might be better off just selling them and getting different ones. I had an eotech on my rifle for awhile and they worked perfect with it so maybe someone with an eotech can can get some use out of them. Thanks for the responces.

Top Bottom