• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    So im looking to purchase an aimpoint to put on my Daniel Defense M4v5 and im wondering which one would be best? Ive been looking at the micro h-1 but im not 100% sure. The gun is just gonna be used to plink around with, shooting paper and steel mostly. Its also my "end of the world" gun. :D...... What are your experiences? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks...This is the gun it will be going on.
    40fec138.jpg

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I don't think you can buy a bad Aimpoint, and I prefer the H/T-1 series for their light weight. If you're willing to accept more weight, I like the reticle in an EOTech EXPS or XPS over the "dot" in an Aimpoint. :twocents:

No one can touch the battery life of Aimpoints, so that may be a consideration.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have a T1 and I've been very pleased with it. I like the smaller profile as it eats up less of my field of view. Being lighter than the larger versions isn't a bad thing either.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Ive never had a chance to use a micro before but I do like how it only weighs 3oz, id like to keep this rifle as light as possible. The only aimpoint ive ever had a chance to use was an old compM2 and i really liked it.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    So I seen DSG Arms has the Aimpoint H-1 with AD mount for $589 + shipping. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Do you guys know anywhere I could get a better deal?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ive never used a larue mount but ive heard they are the best and id say for an extra $20 to have the best sounds like a good deal to me. Thanks for the link.

ADM makes a good mount, but I'm one of those that thinks that LaRue mounts are indeed the best. Once you try one and see the benefit of QD attachment and return-to-zero capability, you won't ever want to go back to another type of mount.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    ADM makes a good mount, but I'm one of those that thinks that LaRue mounts are indeed the best. Once you try one and see the benefit of QD attachment and return-to-zero capability, you won't ever want to go back to another type of mount.

I think im going to go with the one from larue. It seems all you guys really like them and they have a really good reputation for being the best. Also i said for an extra $20 i could have the best but its actually $10! Even better!!! :rockwoot:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I think im going to go with the one from larue. It seems all you guys really like them and they have a really good reputation for being the best.

If (for some odd reason) you get it and you don't like it, I guarantee you can sell it here in the classifieds and get your money right back out of it. :yesway:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I think im going to go with the one from larue. It seems all you guys really like them and they have a really good reputation for being the best. Also i said for an extra $20 i could have the best but its actually $10! Even better!!! :rockwoot:

THIS, this is how it starts! I am convinced Esrice has Jedi mind trick powers. The number of times his reviews and recommendations have persuaded somebody due to their well organized almost scientific presentation is getting a little alarming. :D

jedimindtricks.jpg

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I just wanted to jump on here and let you guys know that i ordered my Aimpoint Micro H-1 from Larue tactical and I received it today and thought I would share my experience and of course some pics! :D...... Ill start off by saying i highly recommend Larue. I placed my order and within an hour I had a conformation email with a tracking number. VERY NICE!! When i received the package it was very nicely packaged. They also included quite a few extras along with the micro. They threw in a Larue Tactical hat, 2 bumber stickers, a bottle opener, a thing of Laure Tactical DRY RUB and quite a bit of literature. I couldnt be happier with my purchase and I really thank you guys for recommending them to me. Here are the pics!

e459e658.jpg

c5b1c292.jpg

bf73769f.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom