• ...and so much more!
  • Nemick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Fishers
    Hi all,

I would like to become proficient in shooting my AR 15. Are there any courses of instruction and training for this available in the Indianapolis area?

Thanks

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    1) PM Aron (coach) or Joey (ACT II) from Adaptive Consulting & Training to get in on a class or to set up individual instruction

or

2) Look for an Appleseed shoot in your area (techres and others are active in that program and can help you out)

Either would be a good first step.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    What Shooter521 said
    I have taken classes with ACT and they are always informative and help you along toward your goals.
    I haven't been to an appleseed yet but I am looking into it

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hi all,

I would like to become proficient in shooting my AR 15. Are there any courses of instruction and training for this available in the Indianapolis area?

Thanks

I took an informative and well-run class from ACT and am an Instructor (Orange Hat) in the Appleseed program.

If ACT's rifle classes are cut of the same cloth as their pistol classes (and I have every reason to believe they are, but have not taken one myself to date), you would do well there.

I cannot say enough good things about the Appleseed program. Not only do you learn far more than just how to master your rifle, it's a two-day class for a total of $70 (range fees may be extra, but are range-dependant.) In addition, women, children, and current military (active duty, Guard, and Reserve) shoot for free.

There are full weekend Appleseeds in Cloverdale, Wabash, Evansville, and Riley (and the possibility of more) in Indiana this year. There are also two or three more one-day Mini-Appleseeds that will be held at Cloverdale, for which the cost is far lower, but the amount of material presented is also far lower. These are recommended for people who have either already been to a full 'seed or for people who are currently registered for one. (not mandatory, just recommended.)

I look forward to seeing you at a shoot, should you choose to check us out. (nothing says you can't do both of these options, in addition to anything else that may be recommended to you along the way, too ;))

Blessings,
    Bill

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Hi all,

Thanks

The Army offers a great course but it takes a bit of a commitment..:D..+1 for Appleseed..You won't find a better place or better people to help you become a shooter..

ACT II

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Indiana
    Hi all,

Thanks

Since your topic header specifically mentions marksmanship, you can't go wrong with an Appleseed event or even a mini Appleseed. They do an outstanding job at teaching the fundamentals of classic rifle marksmanship, plus you get extras in the form of history.

ACT can also teach you those fundamentals, although not in the same format. If you're interested in then using your rifle for defense or practical shooting sports, then we can help with that too.

Feel free to contact me: joseph@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I'm 45 min north of you and have a private range. Experienced, NRA certified instruction. If you're interested, PM for more info.

Top Bottom