Where to get fingerprints done for FL CCW ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I've never had a problem getting them at any of the local PDs. Call ahead, some may charge a small fee. Some will only do them certain days or times.

9x18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    Central Florida
    FYI make sure the finger prints are clean, and visible,(no smudges) or the FDACS will mail you back the form and tell you to go get them redone(had that happened to me because of 2 fingers). They also have to be redone with in 30 days I think. Also try to do it electronically it is alot more easier and quicker. But as far I know they will take finger prints from anywhere, but just to be safe do it with police.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    FYI make sure the finger prints are clean, and visible,(no smudges) or the FDACS will mail you back the form and tell you to go get them redone(had that happened to me because of 2 fingers). They also have to be redone with in 30 days I think. Also try to do it electronically it is alot more easier and quicker. But as far I know they will take finger prints from anywhere, but just to be safe do it with police.

Thanks. Good info.

I can't do them electronically being in IN. It has to be a FL approved facility as I understand it.

9x18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    Central Florida
    Thanks. Good info.

I can't do them electronically being in IN. It has to be a FL approved facility as I understand it.

MorphoTrust USA, Enrollment Services Division in Indiana
    from my research they all should be able to do it electronically, you can call them and ask. I don't know about it being FL approved facility, I would call the FDACS and ask. I had mine done at a local mall at the police office. In my county (and most of Central FL, from my understanding) the police station don't do finger prints, so they out-source them, if that makes sense. Again I would suggest you calling the FDACS or e-mail them, I'm sure they can find a place for your finger prints. 1-800-435-7352 that is the FDACS number they are Monday thru Friday 8 to 5, you can also live chat on their site.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I would call ahead to whatever police department you are intending to go to and find out if they still do ink prints. Since most departments have switched to electronic, the ink is stored away in case of failure of the electronic system. I had a little bit of a time finding a department that did ink prints

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    It has been a few years since I renewed my Florida but at that time you had to use the card sent to you by Florida and it had to be done by LE. Of course things could have changed since then now that the electronic printing has become popular. Jim.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    It has been a few years since I renewed my Florida but at that time you had to use the card sent to you by Florida and it had to be done by LE. Of course things could have changed since then now that the electronic printing has become popular. Jim.

You are correct. It has to be their card (which I have) and it has to be done by LE.

Top Bottom