• ...and so much more!
  • hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Hmm,
    Clean shooting: Berrys MFG. Shipping is free if order is more than $50. I buy 9mm 124g RN
    Kempfs for lead. If I'm out that way and need lead bullets.
    Mastercast.net Out of PA. Like their 180g 40sw lead bullets for my Para. Use the 9mm 124 lead and 45 ACP 230 RN

DaleB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Bedford, IN
    Miller Bullets?

I used to buy my cast lead bullets from Miller Bullets in Brownsburg. I am starting to get back into reloading after a few years "downtime", and I'm glad to see this question posted. Is anyone familiar with RPM (Rounds Per Miller) and are they still in business?

super38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    How much cheaper is it to cast bullet compared to buying them at $70 per 1,000? Is it worth the time and effort?

I'm sort of new to reloading and enjoying it but don't want to be consumed with just reloading. My real hobby is the shooting part.

Super38

blaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    How much cheaper is it to cast bullet compared to buying them at $70 per 1,000? Is it worth the time and effort?

I'm sort of new to reloading and enjoying it but don't want to be consumed with just reloading. My real hobby is the shooting part.

Super38

It is a lot cheaper. Assuming your namesake 38 super. You get 56 125gr bullets out of a lb of lead. I buy used wheelweights for $0.10/lb. Figuring in some waste and the cost of lube they are abour $0.15/lb so $2.68 per thousand. If you go with Lee precision stuff (which is what I've used for years) you can be making bullets with less than $60 worth of equipment for one caliber. So the equiptment has more than paid for itself on the first thousand.

!!!WARNING!!! bullet casting is an enjojable hobby in its own right and may be addictive.

super38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    It is a lot cheaper. Assuming your namesake 38 super. You get 56 125gr bullets out of a lb of lead. I buy used wheelweights for $0.10/lb. Figuring in some waste and the cost of lube they are abour $0.15/lb so $2.68 per thousand. If you go with Lee precision stuff (which is what I've used for years) you can be making bullets with less than $60 worth of equipment for one caliber. So the equiptment has more than paid for itself on the first thousand.

!!!WARNING!!! bullet casting is an enjojable hobby in its own right and may be addictive.

I had no idea it was that cheap to cast. After I get into reloading for a little while and gain a bit more knowledge, I'll have to give that a try.

Thanks for the info..

Super38 :D

baune

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    North side of Indy
    Anyone know of anywhere around the Indianapolis area that sells bulk reloading supplies? Either jacketed or lead bullets? The only place i've been able to find anything is Gander Mountain but all they had was XTP hollow points. I'm just looking to make a bunch of cheap range ammo.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    If you don't want to order bullets by mail, I would just wait for the 1500. There are always a few tables with bullets and powder.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    You can order a sample pack (100 pieces) of a bullet you want to try with any regular order for $9 as long as it will fit in the shipping box and it will not hold up your regular order (a stock on hand issue), you'll get it.

Also if you are a member of thehighroad.org there is a discount on the web prices.

Price on samples are now $11-$12(and must be ordered with regular items), limit 2.
    Shipping in now $13 which includes insurance.

Top Bottom