• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Interested, and I'll pay a finders fee for your time, appreciate the help. I have a big family, and a few guys who brew beer, very interested. PM if you need, and can pick up about anywhere in the state with my Suburban. I'm in Fishers.

I got a lead for 50# for $7.50 after the state fair has to be picked up. Will get ya info if ya want it

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I have put an email in to my source. I was told they would figure out what they have left after the fair. It may be none it may be 400 lbs it may be more. At this point saying they will have any is an assumption at best and we all know where that will get ya.

When I have more info I will let all interested know. I do ask though if you are interested you pm me if you have not already done so. Thanks.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I bought twelve 40 Lb/7Gallon buckets of Hard Red and Winter WHite wheat after Y2K. I paid about $12.00 per back then, as a lot of people had extra. We are just getting through the last bucket. My wife and I use an electric "Whisper Mill" which is fast and easily cleaned and the bread is amazing. Since it has not preservatives, it is much healthier and has a lot of oil/vitamin E for your health.

I will look to buy another 250-300 lbs. of wheat this year to put up. A little bit of dry ice sealed in the bucket will eliminate any oxygen and kill any bugs. I will try E&S in SHipshewanna if the price is right.

DanO

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I bought twelve 40 Lb/7Gallon buckets of Hard Red and Winter WHite wheat after Y2K. I paid about $12.00 per back then, as a lot of people had extra. We are just getting through the last bucket. My wife and I use an electric "Whisper Mill" which is fast and easily cleaned and the bread is amazing. Since it has not preservatives, it is much healthier and has a lot of oil/vitamin E for your health.

I will look to buy another 250-300 lbs. of wheat this year to put up. A little bit of dry ice sealed in the bucket will eliminate any oxygen and kill any bugs. I will try E&S in SHipshewanna if the price is right.

DanO
    Can you let us know the price if you go up that way.

MarkR

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indianapolis - West Side
    I get bulk wheat from E&S, and have for some time. It's in 50# bags, and is Montana Wheat. They have both red and white wheat (I think both is "spring wheat). About a year ago it was $22.00 for 50 lbs. Now it's about $30.00.
    They also have other bulk grain and food storage products, mostly to cater to the Amish. Things like wheat gluten, that makes bread making much easier...
    Also bulk Oats, etc.

Hope this helps.

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I get bulk wheat from E&S, and have for some time. It's in 50# bags, and is Montana Wheat. They have both red and white wheat (I think both is "spring wheat). About a year ago it was $22.00 for 50 lbs. Now it's about $30.00.
    They also have other bulk grain and food storage products, mostly to cater to the Amish. Things like wheat gluten, that makes bread making much easier...
    Also bulk Oats, etc.

Hope this helps.
    thank you

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    If anyone is making a trip from the noblesville fishers area, I'd be willing to chip in on some fuel if your making a run. I may make a run myself. Would anyone be interested in a purchase if I went up that way. I am in the Cicero area. I'm still hoping for the state fair connection as well.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    indysafe317, I'm waiting to hear on the state fair thing, and the local brewery (Barley Island) after that, I'm calling a road trip to E&S. I'll PM you and post here before I go.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    vomitoxins

Just a reminder for everyone.....If you plan on getting any wheat from Eastern Shelby or West Southwest Decatur Counties be aware and make sure it has no vomitoxins. Due to all of the rain, a lot of farmer's crops are loaded with vomitoxins...still suitable for livestock, but questionable at best for human consumption. Not saying that all of it is, but I would say the majority is. Sorry if this offends anyone from these areas...Just trying to protect the people on this site.

MarkR

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indianapolis - West Side
    One other thing to consider if you're going to Shipshewana, E&S in particular. They do not accept credit cards. It's cash only, or they accept personal checks if from a local bank or if you get "approval". Remember, their customers are primarily Amish, so when you go, I would recommend going with Cash for all purchases.

Top Bottom