• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    most of us are in an ugly spot. looks like out west is the plance to go but that is a long walk!
    fish
    That's mostly an artifact of how they are displaying the data. Looking at the map you'd guess most of Michigan was just as dangerous as Chicago, but that just ain't so.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Their map would be more useful if we could see it state by state. At the moment, it is hard to get the onsey-twosey incidents. And why the hell is Tipton County, MS listed in Indiana?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ...Guess that means Bloomington IN also!

Oh, I don't know. Just having a gun post SHTF might make you top dog in B-town!

But really, that map is pretty much just correlated roughly with human population density. See below:

Population density (looks about the same):

us-population-map.gif

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Their map would be more useful if we could see it state by state. At the moment, it is hard to get the onsey-twosey incidents. And why the hell is Tipton County, MS listed in Indiana?

And why the hell is Tipton County in Mississippi, either? I grew up down that way and if there is a Tipton County in that state color me shocked. Remember, though, the graphic came from the Huffington Post. Take that for what you will.

drrun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Columbus, Indiana
    ^^^^^^I would like to see this posted against a map with the same circles designatingpopulation. I would imagine it would show more people = more murders.Basically, proving gun control doesn't work...

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I may of overlooked it but the map (from the op) really didn't say if self-defense or suicide shooting were included or not. I'd like to see a map of gun related murders vs all gun deaths thrown in together. If the good guys are out doing the bad, where's the problem?

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Most of our modern homes are not defensible. Thin walls and to many windows. I do not believe we would be able to hold off any one in today's cracker box homes.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    A lot has to do with JOBS, i live in indianapolis, would love to live out in the middle of no where, i have no idea about farming, not enough money yet to move out to the middle of no where, and what to do for work? my job is real nice right now, hard to give up that kinda thing!! but yeah, living where there are a lot of people would be bad, especially if the gov't brings out their tanks and swarms of atf and police. i think living in a community of all like minded people would really be the best bet. strength in numbers, all armed to the teeth with lots of space between the community and other communities. how can this happen?

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    i used to live in whiteland and work in indy. i moved to s.w. indiana in 85. have not regretted it since. i could make more money in a bigger town, but tome , a little piece of mind is worth more than the money. i know we will be safer here if SHTF. lots of wooded areas, 3 state forests within an hours drive, couple of FWAs close i just feel this is a better place than i was at. just my .02 cents.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Most of our modern homes are not defensible. Thin walls and to many windows. I do not believe we would be able to hold off any one in today's cracker box homes.

This is why you have to be offensive in your defense. 1 man defending his family in the city is nothing more than a target for roaming hoards of pillaging thugs.
    Bump that up to 3 males and some capable females and you have a chance. You can not hide in the house unless totally gray. No light....no signs of food or what they will be looking for.
    Put up a strong defensive front and those without tactical training and sufficient ammo and fire power will move on to softer targets.

Top Bottom