• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    This is why you have to be offensive in your defense. 1 man defending his family in the city is nothing more than a target for roaming hoards of pillaging thugs.
    Bump that up to 3 males and some capable females and you have a chance. You can not hide in the house unless totally gray. No light....no signs of food or what they will be looking for.
    Put up a strong defensive front and those without tactical training and sufficient ammo and fire power will move on to softer targets.

Great. This means that in order to survive I'm going to have to team up with the drug dealer across the street. I know he's armed, so with him, me and my wife that makes at least 3 who can shoot. The rest of my neighborhood is a bunch of soccer mommies who would at least be the ones that the pillaging thugs go after first.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Great. This means that in order to survive I'm going to have to team up with the drug dealer across the street. I know he's armed, so with him, me and my wife that makes at least 3 who can shoot. The rest of my neighborhood is a bunch of soccer mommies who would at least be the ones that the pillaging thugs go after first.

You are wrong about the soccer moms.SHTF there is nothing more dangerous than a parent who is willing to do anything to keep from watching there children starve.I do not worry about roving biker gangs,I worry about a mother or father willing to do anything to assure there kids do not starve.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    That's mostly an artifact of how they are displaying the data. Looking at the map you'd guess most of Michigan was just as dangerous as Chicago, but that just ain't so.
    This ^^^

Along with the fact that this supposed map of "where not to be when SHTF" takes into account only one aspect of surviving. It only factors in murder. It doesn't factor in climate. Who wants to be in the middle of the Mohave Desert come SHTF? According to this map the desert-wasteland out west is the best place to be during SHTF. It doesn't factor in growing/hunting food. It doesn't factor in bugging in vs out. If you're bugging in, it doesn't factor in your ability to find a job where this mythical "place to be when SHTF" is. It doesn't factor in available resources in a given area.

Top Bottom