• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was talking to someone the other day and we differed in opinions about guns in church. He said he has a gun at home and "anyone who comes in my home is getting a bullet between the eyes!" However, he said that church is not the place for guns. I can't think of any place where I believe the carrying of a gun should be disallowed. Can anyone name even one place and give a reason for this viewpoint?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I got nuthin' :dunno:

I think this is the end of the thread. The guy was saying how a man is responsible for the protection of his family, but I guess he believes that is only true in his house. I never think that I can't be wrong, but I do not agree with that one.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think this is the end of the thread. The guy was saying how a man is responsible for the protection of his family, but I guess he believes that is only true in his house. I never think that I can't be wrong, but I do not agree with that one.
    Most people are probably out enjoying the day. I am sure the usual crowd will be in later to tell us how wrong we are.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I was talking to someone the other day and we differed in opinions about guns in church. He said he has a gun at home and "anyone who comes in my home is getting a bullet between the eyes!" However, he said that church is not the place for guns. I can't think of any place where I believe the carrying of a gun should be disallowed. Can anyone name even one place and give a reason for this viewpoint?

When I'm dead, in the casket, at the viewing, unless the gun is in a retention holster. You know, the be in control of your firearm thing.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Church is not the place for guns?

Ask him if he'd call the police to the church to respond to violent criminal activity.

Since he's obviously not a pacifist, based on his other comment, he'd have to logically conclude that church is in fact the place for guns as long as they are summoned from across town when needed immediately.

If he makes it that far without slapping his own forehead, slap yours and quietly walk away to let it really sink in. ;)

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    What about places you shouldn't OC? Since that's a more practical question.

That's a completely different thing. I'm not one to open carry much. If I'm out on the farm doing things then it's usually open. If I need to run into town for something then I'll go ahead and carry that way rather than go back and change just to save time. Open carry at the range unless I'm doing CC draw practice. Any stops to/from the range as well.

One place I wouldn't open carry would be at a funeral where the person isn't a direct close family member. Legal or otherwise, open carry does upset some people. If I can save someone some stress during that stressful time by concealing then I will. Of course there are exceptions.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Outhouse.

I had a friend in the western US who was a big time collector of bottles. One major source of his bottles was to excavate old homesteads and mining camps. There is no stank involved when reviewing the contents of a 100 year old outhouse and you would be very surprised at what was lost or put there. He found a couple of handguns during his digs as well as watches and jewelry. Oodles of empty whisky bottles.

So that is why there is a little hook on the inside door.

The bigger question is whether you have a handgun nice enought to go after if it falls in.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    What about places you shouldn't OC? Since that's a more practical question.

I didn't infer that to be his meaning, but maybe it was. We have to have the permission of the pastor to legally carry into the church. I don't know many pastors who would give permission to OC.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Somewhere with a lot of flammable where one spark will cause a massive explosion? Not having the means to defend yourself in a place of worship harks back to the days when people respected sacred ground. I'm not certain that notion is respected anymore.

Top Bottom