• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Perhaps it's where the largest mosque in the United States is located, home of Islamic Society of North America(INSA). You know about this mosque right? The one declassified FBI docs show to be a muslim brotherhood front as early as 1987 and fundraises for Hamas.

Planfield, home of Q. Naim Abdullah, who was killed in a crash and found to have three IDs and four checkbooks with different names.

We can go on for hours about the numbers of "refugees" being imported all over this country for more than a decade.

ISIS-related arrest made in Plainfield | Fox 59

What agency is it that isn't smart enough to put this together?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So...... I heard here on INGO that ISIS can't make it over to the United States and is not a threat.

I wouldn't worry about it, they were just material supporters of terrorist.... nothing to see here.... I'm not convinced......

:koolaid:

Dim Mak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Naptown
    Where is Indiana's ISIS? I'd check the woods by this photo:

7de070d0e6ff728cca6c0d0b6accc259.jpg

I don't care or know her surrender demands, but I surrender anyways!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Might be a good idea, then, not to fit the profile? :dunno:

BTW, Bosnians are typically considered... (wait for it)... Caucasian. Kinda messes with the utility of profiling for purposes of law enforcement, eh?

Those who cannot avoid fitting the profile should not feel violated if they are pulled over by the police to be checked out. I wonder how this would play out?

Dim Mak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Naptown
    The Israeli Government profiles and it seems to work just fine for them. It's not PC these days to do so, but honestly I don't care much for PC! We have real threats here inside the USA and I'm all for anything that "roots" them out of their hiding spots! So it's not ok to profile a black panther or neo nazi?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The Israeli Government profiles and it seems to work just fine for them. It's not PC these days to do so, but honestly I don't care much for PC! We have real threats here inside the USA and I'm all for anything that "roots" them out of their hiding spots! So it's not ok to profile a black panther or neo nazi?

Do you have to profile a known black panther or neo nazi? If they are not known, then exactly how do you profile them? As stated above, some of these people are caucasian, so, what's the process to profile them? I really want a working knowledge of this term beyond appearance, religion, and accent. Also, once someone is "profiled" what happens after that? It seems like "profiling" for some is simply not trusting some people based on unknowns and yes, that happens everyday. If it's more than that, I just want to know what actions some are advocating?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    So why haven't these terrorists attacked? I could be completely wrong, but I just don't buy it. Fear is tool often used to get people to willingly give up their freedom, and governments are masters at exploiting it. 12 terrorists, come could go into 12 malls across the nation, with a stack of firecrackers, and if they simultaneously set them off, they would effectively bring our domestic retail economy to a sudden halt, and people would be running in the streets with wet towels over their heads. Why hasn't this happened?

NOT to be a $mart A$$, here, YOU are the LEO, but why don't all gangs attack all the time ?????

Not enough guns, ammo, people, IDK .....

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    It is natural, but it is also lazy law enforcement IMHO.

BTW, Bosnians are typically considered... (wait for it)... Caucasian. Kinda messes with the utility of profiling for purposes of law enforcement, eh?
    Semites, whether moslems, Christians, or Jews, come in a spectrum of color the same way that Hispanics do. Profiling only works when you know what you're looking for, and that is often situation specific: carload of black teens driving at 2AM in brownsburg or white yuppies driving at 2AM in Brightwood or Haughville.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Those who cannot avoid fitting the profile should not feel violated if they are pulled over by the police to be checked out. I wonder how this would play out?
    Such as "redneck-looking guy in red-primer-colored pickup"?? 1990-1998 I drove a primered truck. Active duty USAF, got held up at the gate countless times and was pulled over in Biloxi, MS for "driving while primered". I literally thought that a lot of people in red primered trucks must be committing crimes. I need to get a paint job or better yet, a new truck.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

I thought the Israelis profiled by behavior patterns, not race or religion.

This choice of singling out religions may be a double-whammy for us. Eventually, more of the billions of innocent, peaceful people who belong to that religion are going to join the extremists because they are being profiled, labeled, attacked etc. IOW, it's a self-fulfilling suspicion.

Relevant: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...giance-texas-muslims-rally-heckling/22573149/

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wonder after the last three posts if some still find it funny? In regards to 'profiling', everyone does it everyday. From what you eat, wear, drive, carry, marry, hang out with, live, haircut, add infinity. Yes we do profile, all the time, and it is good.

An individual can profile all he want. But when the govt power does it, it becomes (and should be) distasteful to Americans.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    NOT to be a $mart A$$, here, YOU are the LEO, but why don't all gangs attack all the time ?????

Not enough guns, ammo, people, IDK .....

Attack who? Surely you must mean someone other than themselves, because they are killing each other ALL the time.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Isn't it human nature to profile? I don't think it even matters how you were raised, I believe the average person will profile everyone they see without even realizing they're doing it.

Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong. But what matters is what your actions are after you do it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The Israeli Government profiles and it seems to work just fine for them.

Source for this? I have researched some of what I think you're talking about and they do not profile. The assess certain behaviors. The color of the targets skin is completely irrelevant. Not even a factor. If a "white" guy and a "brown" guy do the same things, they're basically going to be treated the same way.

Plus, "Palestinian" is not a race. In Israel, it isn't exactly profiling to keep track of the Palestinians/Arab-Israelis. The use of checkpoints and "papers please" situations would NOT fly here in the states.

(Not judging Israel's measures, just describing them.)

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    .Gov can't search or spy on someone based solely on the color of their skin or because of their religion. You start down that road and the fourth amendment doesn't apply to guy A because he's black, guy B because he's white, guy C because he's brown and guy D because he is yellow. Everyone not exempted from the protection of the constitution because of color will be exempted because of religious affiliation or lack of religious affiliation. That just opens the door for everyone to get boned because everyone fits the profile of a threat. Plus, it's a pile of **** and we're better than that.

The law has to be just. It is more important that it be just than that it work, even at the cost of our lives. If we're not going to stand by our principles, let's just throw it all out the window and go thunderdome and see who comes out on top.

Before someone replies with a comment about how morals are all fine and good until another event like 9/11 happens, quit being ruled by fear and quit trying to spread your cowardice. We're the best country in the world, act like it.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Perhaps it's where the largest mosque in the United States is located, home of Islamic Society of North America(INSA). You know about this mosque right? The one declassified FBI docs show to be a muslim brotherhood front as early as 1987 and fundraises for Hamas.

Planfield, home of Q. Naim Abdullah, who was killed in a crash and found to have three IDs and four checkbooks with different names.

We can go on for hours about the numbers of "refugees" being imported all over this country for more than a decade.

ISIS-related arrest made in Plainfield | Fox 59

I've been in the mosque when I was a teenager. A friend showed me main entry way, I looked in the prayer area, he told me I couldn't enter that area. I played a lot of basketball in the building next to mosque.

The place did have a different vibe than the Baptist and Pentecostal churches I had attended. I was a kid going to a place I thought was verboten and that could have skewed my perspective.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've been in the mosque when I was a teenager. A friend showed me main entry way, I looked in the prayer area, he told me I couldn't enter that area. I played a lot of basketball in the building next to mosque.

The place did have a different vibe than the Baptist and Pentecostal churches I had attended. I was a kid going to a place I thought was verboten and that could have skewed my perspective.

Do Muslims get the "Holy Ghost?" And I've never been to Baptist church pitch in that didn't have a variety of pork dishes. I call shenanigans, lol.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Source for this? I have researched some of what I think you're talking about and they do not profile. The assess certain behaviors. The color of the targets skin is completely irrelevant. Not even a factor. If a "white" guy and a "brown" guy do the same things, they're basically going to be treated the same way.

Plus, "Palestinian" is not a race. In Israel, it isn't exactly profiling to keep track of the Palestinians/Arab-Israelis. The use of checkpoints and "papers please" situations would NOT fly here in the states.

(Not judging Israel's measures, just describing them.)

Yeah, lots of Israelis look like what westerners would call "middle eastern."

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Do Muslims get the "Holy Ghost?" And I've never been to Baptist church pitch in that didn't have a variety of pork dishes. I call shenanigans, lol.

As far as I know Muslims don't believe in the holy ghost.

I am hoping you misread my post. I had Egyptian Muslim friends and I went to their Mosque more than once and it felt odd.

Things that I consider holy is my word and my honor. I put it out there that I went there a long time ago. It was around 1995 when I was there. As I said it was DIFFERENT than what I was used to. It was different than any other church Baptist, or Pentecostal.

Call me what you want Kut....I am too proud to lie.

Shenanigans, no,..Just my experiences and observations.

Top Bottom