• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I want to get a new and better knive. I just have a Gerber I carry, but its kinda small. Great for opening boxes, not good for anything else. So I was wondering where you guys like to get all your knives from.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    I normally find them at gun shows. I like to look through the boxes of used knives that some tables have. They are normaly very cheap and sometimes you can find a good knife in them.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i buy almost all my knives second hand, or make them. on the rare occasion i buy new, i go to the maker, or one stop knife shop.

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    When I was in Tennessee on my honeymoon I went to Smoky Mountain Knife Works. It was like knife heaven. I bought a new Swiss Sentinel and a handy axe/Leatherman-type thing to carry on your belt.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    great knife buying sites:

blade art
    blue line gear
    plaza cutlery
    true north knives
    three little indians custom knives
    edc knives
    steel addiction
    arizona custom knives

Jeremy_A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Columbus*
    I have had really good luck buying online, but I also try and do a lot of research before I order. I like newgraham.com, knivesshipfree.com, and ebay.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The Busse booth at the Indy 1500 gun show:rockwoot:

Bob

This. Plus, the Busse tables at Knob Creek, or the Busse tables at the Blade Show, or the Busses for sale forum at Bladeforums.com, and occasionally direct from Busse, Swamp Rat, or Scrapyard websites, and once or twice on ebay after searching for the word "Busse".

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Call me what you will, but I don't mind if I pay a little extra by buying from someone here in Indiana...Knife Lady has treated my boss and I pretty good. Btw I looked at the gerber lmf 2 online and it was for 92. I called Knife lady and she sold me one 'new' cheaper than what i could get it from the manufacturer. My point is you might spend a little more sometimes, but I always try to keep my spending money in Indiana as much as possible. Keep our state going, support our "local shops". Knife Lady or Brad's knives (they are together) is who I will be dealing with from now on....period.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You can find Blind Horse Knives at the 1500, but if you don't want to wait, check out their web site. Custom and semi custom knives at very good prices. They have some unique designs and the work is top notch. While you are on line, check out Michael Morris Knives, too. Real good stuff.

Just an FYI, I prefer fixed blades and pocket sheaths from excellent makers, I'm not into seeing my knives on a thousand other folks, that is referred to as being - a knife snob;).

NRA Lifer since 1971

Jeremy_A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Columbus*
    Call me what you will, but I don't mind if I pay a little extra by buying from someone here in Indiana...Knife Lady has treated my boss and I pretty good. Btw I looked at the gerber lmf 2 online and it was for 92. I called Knife lady and she sold me one 'new' cheaper than what i could get it from the manufacturer. My point is you might spend a little more sometimes, but I always try to keep my spending money in Indiana as much as possible. Keep our state going, support our "local shops". Knife Lady or Brad's knives (they are together) is who I will be dealing with from now on....period.
    I dont always go for the cheapest prices online. I love - KnivesShipFree.com and Home - New Graham Knives because of their excellent customer service. If I can ever make it to a 1500, I will probably buy a few things from knifelady.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

Knifelady and I appreciate the kind words! One thing to keep in mind when you purchase a knife from us, the Indiana sales tax (7%) is included in the price which is revenue that goes to the state. I believe we are very competitive with our prices compared to on line sites...we might be just a few bucks more here and there because of the sales tax.

Top Bottom