• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I go to Jimmy John's in Columbus on occasion, OC of course. Their decor is various humorous and advertising signage on the walls. One pair of signs is the Do's And Don'ts of being a customer. The Do's sign has the statement "Do give up your seat for pregnant ladies, the elderly, and anyone with a firearm." I enjoy the irony and humor behind it. And they've never given me grief for carrying there.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I go to Jimmy John's in Columbus on occasion, OC of course. Their decor is various humorous and advertising signage on the walls. One pair of signs is the Do's And Don'ts of being a customer. The Do's sign has the statement "Do give up your seat for pregnant ladies, the elderly, and anyone with a firearm." I enjoy the irony and humor behind it. And they've never given me grief for carrying there.

I love Jimmy Johns. But beware of emos on fixies! :)

Muzzleloaderbill

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Ligonier
    Started to OC everywhere I go. Most people don't even notice. Some look but don't say anything. Been setting up at some flea markets and OCing. A few comments. Most ask what kind a gun it is and how well it shots. But thats it.

sdman11890

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Highland
    OC'd at Top Notch restaurant a few times this week, a couple looks but no one said anything. Went to a car audio tent sale in Valpo this morning OC'ing and one guy was visibly shaken, but didn't say anything.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    OC'ed at Lowe's on the south side of South Bend, then to Menards, and back to another Lowe's on Grape Rd. The manager at the first Lowe's had to have seen my gun, but didn't say a thing. He helped me find what I needed, then gave my kids each a piece of candy. We also went to Hobby Lobby on Grape Road, then went to Steak and Shake on Ireland Rd. The waitress came to the table and said "Are you a police officer?" To which I replied "No ma'am." She then said "Oh, so you have a permit then". I said "yes" then she said "Good for you!" We chatted about the rise in crime and I pointed at my 4 kids sitting around the table and told here there are the 4 main reasons why I carry. She complimented my wife and I on our wonderful family, then took our order. Huge +1 to Steak and Shake!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I OCd all evening with my family at the Hamilton Country Fair in Noblesville. No one cared, or perhaps even looked, as far as I can tell. I was there for hours and walked everywhere.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    OC'ed at Lowe's on the south side of South Bend, then to Menards, and back to another Lowe's on Grape Rd. The manager at the first Lowe's had to have seen my gun, but didn't say a thing. He helped me find what I needed, then gave my kids each a piece of candy. We also went to Hobby Lobby on Grape Road, then went to Steak and Shake on Ireland Rd. The waitress came to the table and said "Are you a police officer?" To which I replied "No ma'am." She then said "Oh, so you have a permit then". I said "yes" then she said "Good for you!" We chatted about the rise in crime and I pointed at my 4 kids sitting around the table and told here there are the 4 main reasons why I carry. She complimented my wife and I on our wonderful family, then took our order. Huge +1 to Steak and Shake!

If I were the store manager, and since you had a gun, I would have given you a piece of candy too, not just to your kids.
    Just to be on the safe side you know. :D

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I OC'd yesterday in Fort Wayne, but I only went to a friend's house to buy his AR and then to Summit City Bicycles. I was at the bike shop for probably a good 20-30 minutes first assessing all the repairs my own bike needed and then looking at some replacements and giving them test rides. Nobody made any comments about me OC'ing, so that was good!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Over the weekend:

Kabuto's Japanese steakhouse, Starbucks a few times, Liquor store, Subway, Walgreens in Greenwood (31/emerson), some gas station on 16th and illinois downtown, Fazoli's at Madison and Stop 11-ish.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Subway in Brookston on Sunday after the NRA AP match at Wildcat. Even if I wanted to conceal, it was too d*** hot.

A soccer mom & dad were giving me the eye (I was told). Either my belt accoutrements made them nervous, or she was liking how I was looking in those short pants and he was just jealous.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Subway in Brookston on Sunday after the NRA AP match at Wildcat. Even if I wanted to conceal, it was too d*** hot.

A soccer mom & dad were giving me the eye (I was told). Either my belt accoutrements made them nervous, or she was liking how I was looking in those short pants and he was just jealous.

You DO look stunning in your short pants! :):

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    White Co 4-H fair. No problems, no looks that I saw. There was at least 1 ISP and 1 White Co deputy their while I was, and I never even saw them, only their cars in the parking lot.

No one running and screaming, my pistol didn't jump out of it's holster and go on a massacre. I think it must be defective, at the most it quivered a bit at the sight of all the bacon on the hoof.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom