• Status
    Not open for further replies.

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    I dont open carry around here because the cops are D*CKs and that aint ducks my friends. I CC everywhere I go and Im always asking my wife "Am I printing?" and all she ever says is "Who cares, you have a permit you can carry it how you want. Youre just being nice by trying to conceal it." I dont think she would mind me open carrying. Ive always just tried not to make a big deal about it because she's just warming up to me carrying ALL THE TIME.

cowboy23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    lafayette
    i oced at the brunos and to the walmart on 350 in lafayette. had no problems at all. i really dont think that most of the people even noticed that i was carring.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As far as carrying around SO, it feels awkward every now and then. I think she's used to it, she never comments, but when I go out of my way to put my holster/gun on, I feel weird when she's nearby.

I don't OC around her friends/family, just to avoid conversation incase they don't know.

Went to Walmart tonight. Cashier/supervisor gave me a ****ty roll of her eyes when I told her she didn't NEED to see my driver license for a MasterCard purchase. She said "yeah whatever" and waved her hand off at me like I was an idiot. It'd be nice to deal with educated cashiers instead of moronic jerks that don't know the policies of the payment they see most often.

Ah well.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    In Fort Wayne today

The Goodwill on Dupont Rd to drop off some donations.
    Batteries Plus on Washington Center Rd to recycle some old camera and laptop batteries.
    WalMart on Coldwater Rd to pick up some milk and orange juice.
    WalMart on Lima Rd to pick up some syrup and chocolate candy.

No problems at any location. Although, there was a guy who kept coming in and out of the Batteries Plus while I was waiting in line, and he'd stand in line behind me whenever he came inside. I dunno what his deal was; it was really weird.

Then at the Lima Rd WM, there were some boy scouts selling popcorn out front, and one of them was walking up to me, repeating his standard question about if I'd like to buy some, but his eyes were glued to my hip the whole time he was walking up. It was a little funny.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    I oc'd for the first time today publicly. walmart on pendleton pike, no one ran away screaming. it was all good, they even had some 45 ammo!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I oc'd for the first time today publicly. walmart on pendleton pike, no one ran away screaming. it was all good, they even had some 45 ammo!

Congrats! That's pretty cool. A great non-eventful experience... just like most.

Today, OCd at the Southport Taco Bell today, Qdobas yesterday. (I eat out way too much.)

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Went to Walmart tonight. Cashier/supervisor gave me a ****ty roll of her eyes when I told her she didn't NEED to see my driver license for a MasterCard purchase. She said "yeah whatever" and waved her hand off at me like I was an idiot. It'd be nice to deal with educated cashiers instead of moronic jerks that don't know the policies of the payment they see most often. .

I've gotten this before too. The last time the cashier acted like she was going faint because she didn't know what to do when I told her she could not see my D.L..She was nice about it though.

I OC'd all over Grand Junction in CO. Restaurants, Wal Mart etc.. The one place I expected to get hassled didn't happen. It was at the Holiday Inn. I thought for sure they would say something.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Well... I usually CC, but yesterday I know I came uncovered.

I was getting my daughter's car seat out of the back seat of the truck. We have it set up in the middle since this is where it fits best. I also had some gear in there, so it was a bit of a stretch to reach her. Anyhow, I had just parked and was getting ready to go into the store. I had pulled through the space, and as I was getting ready to get her out a woman in a mini-van pulled in behind me. I reached into the truck and knew that my cover shirt would pull up.

After getting the seat out, I turned to walk past the mini-van to where the shopping carts are located. The woman in the van looked like she had seen a ghost. My daughter was all giggly though, because I gave her a little roller coaster style swing on the way out of the truck!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Today was a bit out of the ordinary, which is nice. Went to my typical daily Starbucks down the street. About 4 guys working there that know me well enough, but we've rarely shot the **** about anything.

Three of them were at the end of the bar, and one of them brought up my gun. Another asked what I carry, I answered, another joined in. Apparently one of them carries a 38 special. They asked if I'd ever had to pull on anyone, etc...

A nice change. Made some new acquaintances that I talk to all the time, but never knew how much we had in common :P

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Greenwood Wal-Mart. Got ALOT of stares. Lady in sporting goods was the only one that said anything while paying for my targets and that was "Looks like your going out to have some fun".

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Greenwood Wal-Mart. Got ALOT of stares. Lady in sporting goods was the only one that said anything while paying for my targets and that was "Looks like your going out to have some fun".

I got denied another MasterCard purchase for not having my ID with me. Customer Service Manager "Vickie" at the Greenwood Walmart. I helped BUILD that store, worked there for a year or so.

They cannot deny a purchase because you refuse to show, or don't have, your ID. I'm not shopping there anymore. I've sent a letter to the BBB, Walmart Corporate, and MasterCard. Makes me feel better. I like Meijer/Kroger anyway.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I got denied another MasterCard purchase for not having my ID with me. Customer Service Manager "Vickie" at the Greenwood Walmart. I helped BUILD that store, worked there for a year or so.

They cannot deny a purchase because you refuse to show, or don't have, your ID. I'm not shopping there anymore. I've sent a letter to the BBB, Walmart Corporate, and MasterCard. Makes me feel better. I like Meijer/Kroger anyway.

There's no law saying they have to sell you anything so yes, they can refuse to sell to you for not showing an I.D. Now them asking you for ID because you have a firearm on your hip, I'd take that as impersonating an officer. There I would tell them to go $@#% themself.

If it makes you feel any better, when I run my card as debit, I don't get asked for ID. They always ask if I run it as credit. B-Burg, Avon, Fort Wayne, about anyone I goto.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    My cards say "ask for ID" in the signature line on the back.

I'd like any purchases to be denied if the purchaser can't provide ID when using MY card.

:twocents:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    There's no law saying they have to sell you anything so yes, they can refuse to sell to you for not showing an I.D.

There may not be a law but there is a policy. Just like you or I accept the terms of service when we use a Visa/Mastercard, merchants also accept a terms of service. These cards are signature cards. It violates the policy of Visa/Mastercard to require a card user to provide I.D..

So yes they can refuse to sell to a customer that doesn't show I.D. They can also lose their license with one of these companies for not following their policy.

I'd like any purchases to be denied if the purchaser can't provide ID when using MY card.

I'm not positive but I believe you are violating the terms of service by doing this. I used to do the same thing way back when. I've had a couple times where I was told my card wouldn't be accepted unless I signed the back. That is how I found out about Visa policy and the card being a signiture card. .

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

This. Only place I've had an issue is the Post Office. I was advised by an employee that they require an actual signature on the card. :n00b:

I've OC at WalMart, Target, Aldi, Wings Etc. and Staples over the past few days to name a few. As usual, no issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom