• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    My first time OCing with my new Sig P226!

Both Terre Haute Wal-Marts(they were both completely out of Hoppe's 9! :xmad:)

Jimmy John's

Terre Haute Sporting Clays

Glad to hear TH was nice to ya. I OC quite often all over town. No one has said anything other than "nice" and "is that a Glock?".

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Cititrends. I'm a bigger guy, and sometimes they have something decent and "non-thuggish" in my size. Just got tired of trying to hide the CZ75 while trying on jackets/ hoodies so OC'd for about an hour.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nowhere, because I've been in Austin, Texas for a few days, and will remain here until Tuesday.

So many signs everywhere I go saying "FELONY IF YOU HAVE A GUN ETC ETC"

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    OC'ed at Christo's Restaurant in Plymouth yesterday when I took my wife out for breakfast. We sat at a window booth, with a Plymouth police officer at a center table looking right at us. I had my strong side facing him so he obviously had a real good look. He didn't hassle us, ask for my LTCH, or anything else. Funny thing is that my Bro in law ended up showing up with a friend toward the end of our breakfast. The LEO was just getting up to leave, and my Bro in law didn't realize I was OC at the time. He says to the LEO, "Hey, are you leaving?" to which the LEO relied in the affirmative. He says "I was gonna tell you to keep an eye on those 2." The LEO smiled and said "I have been." I laughed and nodded to him, he nodded back and left.

Overall, it was exactly how it should be. +1 to the Plymouth LEO.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    OCed at my bank today and saw a guy with a KelTec in his left back pocket. He must carry it in those pants quite a bit because the shape was well worn in the pocket of his pants, no holster either :eek:

When I was in line a guy behind me asked "City or county?" I replied "neither" and when I turned around he saw my IDPA hat and we started talking about the range and he said he hadn't been in a while. Before I left I asked him if he was on INGO and he said he was so overall a +1 experience.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Probably the most interesting conversation I've had was at Wal-Mart in Greenwood earlier.

I'm standing in line at the fresh food Deli waiting to pick a few things up to take home.
    As I'm waiting for the guy to finish loading up and weighing my stuff, a younger couple (probably late 20's, early 30's) walked up right next to me also waiting.
    They were standing there for probably 30 seconds chatting about what to get when I hear, "and oh that guy has a pistol on his hip! I just realized that!"
    (He said it it in a matter that was in-directly speaking to me to create conversation).

I looked over, nodded my head and smiled waiting for him to say something else... he stood their with a mixed feeling facial gesture so I reply, "No worries. I'm licensed to carry".
    Thankfully, he was admiring of my S&W M&P.

The rest of the conversation was:

"Nice! What is that a.... Glock?" (of course)
    - "No, it's a Smith & Wesson 9mm"
    "Ahh, I like that.... BUT you better cover that up! Somebody might snatch that off your hip and run with it"
    - "As long as you're always aware of your surroundings, you'll have no problem openly carrying."
    Wife comes in and says, "Oh no, he's a big guy! Nobody will mess with him!" (I'm 6'1, 285lbs)
    - *laugh*, "I can't make that assumption. That's why it's better to be safe than sorry."

I informed them both on the process of being able to carry, how to apply and they were both very appreciative of the information.

+1 to the interaction. Always good to know the uninformed aren't always anti-weapons. :rockwoot:

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Probably the most interesting conversation I've had was at Wal-Mart in Greenwood earlier.

I'm standing in line at the fresh food Deli waiting to pick a few things up to take home.
    As I'm waiting for the guy to finish loading up and weighing my stuff, a younger couple (probably late 20's, early 30's) walked up right next to me also waiting.
    They were standing there for probably 30 seconds chatting about what to get when I hear, "and oh that guy has a pistol on his hip! I just realized that!"
    (He said it it in a matter that was in-directly speaking to me to create conversation).

I looked over, nodded my head and smiled waiting for him to say something else... he stood their with a mixed feeling facial gesture so I reply, "No worries. I'm licensed to carry".

"Ahh, I like that.... BUT you better cover that up! A 5 year old girl might snatch that off your hip and run with it"
    - "As long as you're always aware of your surroundings, you'll have no problem openly carrying."
    Wife comes in and says, "Oh no, he's a big guy! Nobody will mess with him!" (I'm 6'1, 285lbs)
    - *laugh*, "I can't make that assumption. That's why it's better to be safe than sorry."

I informed them both on the process of being able to carry, how to apply and they were both very appreciative of the information.

+1 to the interaction. Always good to know the uninformed aren't always anti-weapons. :rockwoot:
    fixed that for you :):

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    OCed at my bank today and saw a guy with a KelTec in his left back pocket. He must carry it in those pants quite a bit because the shape was well worn in the pocket of his pants, no holster either :eek:

When I was in line a guy behind me asked "City or county?" I replied "neither" and when I turned around he saw my IDPA hat and we started talking about the range and he said he hadn't been in a while. Before I left I asked him if he was on INGO and he said he was so overall a +1 experience.

So........Does Mrs Frost know that you've been checking out guy's Butts? :):

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Today? No where... Been sick the past few days. Fact of the matter.. I havn't even put on a shirt today, let alone a sidearm. Visitors are lucky that I've been wearing pants. (PJs, but still)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

"Ahh, I like that.... BUT you better cover that up! Somebody might snatch that off your hip and run with it"

Just be sure to warn them of OC'ing near the self-checkout lanes ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom