• Status
    Not open for further replies.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Anybody at Texas Roadhouse in Lafayette? I saw you with your XD. I was in lazy mode so I just had my LCR. I would get laughed at if I tried to OC it. Haha

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Anybody at Texas Roadhouse in Lafayette? I saw you with your XD. I was in lazy mode so I just had my LCR. I would get laughed at if I tried to OC it. Haha

Not in the last couple months, but I have OC'd an XD at that TR a few times.

Whoever it was obviously has fine taste in handguns. ;)

...and I wouldn't laugh at you until you left. :D

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Lesse... Starbucks a few times, Au Bon Pain downtown, Fedex downtown.

Went to that Police supply shop on Delaware, but chose not to carry inside. Wasn't sure about rules and couldn't see signs from road. Bought a pair of Sap Gloves though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    I went to kroger to get some cold meds. Been fighting a cold for a few days. Some lady sitting on a bench pointed at my (oc) .40 m&p saying at the top of her lungs he has a gun, and it not a toy its real. About died laughing.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Well about every where I went this weekend, becoming a OC'er not so much of a CC'er..

Walmart
    Red Lobster
    Good Will
    Honey Creek Mall
    Sam's Club
    Coffe Cup
    Kroger
    Speedway
    Jiffy Mart
    Dollar General
    Best Buy
    Toys R Us
    and who knows where I forgot to mention...

OC'ing seems to be much more comfortable then CC'ing but then again the supposed BG's know I am packing...

I guess ATF's rubbing off..

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    Well about every where I went this weekend, becoming a OC'er not so much of a CC'er..

Walmart
    Red Lobster
    Good Will
    Honey Creek Mall
    Sam's Club
    Coffe Cup
    Kroger
    Speedway
    Jiffy Mart
    Dollar General
    Best Buy
    Toys R Us
    and who knows where I forgot to mention...

OC'ing seems to be much more comfortable then CC'ing but then again the supposed BG's know I am packing...

I guess ATF's rubbing off..

You posted this morning and said that this is where you oc'd this weekend.

Man you sure covered a lot of ground yesterday. Somehow I find this hard to believe. :dunno:

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg

Man you sure covered a lot of ground yesterday. Somehow I find this hard to believe. :dunno:

Maybe he considers Friday part of the weekend. I do, especially after work. If I listed all the businesses I OC'ed in Friday alone, my list would be just as long. The only reason I didn't list the places I OC'ed was because the visits were work related.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    :ar15:

To clarify mr Flyguy, I said my weekend. That would be Friday at about 1 PM until Sunday late evening.

:draw:And not that I have to explain anything to anyone or give a play by play but I had half a day off Friday and my better half and I along with my daughter spent the weekend out and about. So from about Friday Noon until I posted it those were the places we visited.

:cool:

And I don't know about you, but calling into question a man's integrity when you have no idea who he is really isn't very gentlemanly. I will refrain from any further comments.

ATM, I apologize, I referred to you as ATF, my mistake.

As for the Toy's R Us, we were in and out in like 3 minutes, looking for the Xbox..

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Today, the grocery store. I used to get the tingles when I would just think about OCing now I just do it. Had a lady catch me by surprise at Target the other day. She said really loud "So you can just carry a gun around?" I had to assume it was directed at me so I turned and explained the Handgun Lic to her.

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne

I think many people, including myself, would ask
    to see your LCR.

I sometimes carry my P3AT in a DeSantis belt holster.

I did not oc today.

Thanks

Mark

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    :ar15:

To clarify mr Flyguy, I said my weekend. That would be Friday at about 1 PM until Sunday late evening.

:draw:And not that I have to explain anything to anyone or give a play by play but I had half a day off Friday and my better half and I along with my daughter spent the weekend out and about. So from about Friday Noon until I posted it those were the places we visited.

:cool:

And I don't know about you, but calling into question a man's integrity when you have no idea who he is really isn't very gentlemanly. I will refrain from any further comments.

ATM, I apologize, I referred to you as ATF, my mistake.

As for the Toy's R Us, we were in and out in like 3 minutes, looking for the Xbox..

Ok brother... chill out. I never called you out or called you a liar.

If you look back I just said it was hard to believe.

Hell... I don't go to that many stores in a month. LOL. My comment wasn't intended as you perceived it.

No apology for something I didn't do.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I was going to start a new thread, but it wouldn't have gone anywhere, so I'll put this story here.

Thanks to the wonderful Spring-like weather we were having today, the family and I decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood. I was OCing as usual, and decided to walk ahead. As I approached a little cul-de-sac in the road, there was a woman getting out of her SUV. As I passed her vehicle on the passenger side on the sidewalk, she walked towards the rear of the vehicle from the driver's side and got my attention. She said, "I have a question about your gun."

Immediately my thoughts started running the possible answers to "why are you carrying?" or "what do you need that for?" I was surprised when she actually asked about the cost of the "permit" and if I'd gotten the lifetime and when. According to her, she and her husband both were new to the whole idea of owning and carrying, and she was interested in the options for licensing and going shooting. I happily explained the procedure and suggested she go for the lifetime LTCH, and go the L-1 route, as she'd never have to renew and could carry if she ever decided to (she wasn't sure she wanted to). I mentioned that she might find herself liking the idea of carry more after she'd been shooting for a while.

She said that she'd gotten a .22 pistol and had gone out shooting "at a conservation club" (I didn't press the issue of who was legally able to move the gun back and forth) and that both her and her husband were having a difficult time hitting the target properly having not been around guns previously, but that her son was shooting better. She asked about the age minimum, I'm assuming that she was asking about her son.

Overall, I was pleased that I was able to help a newbie even as little as I did, but there were two things I realized afterwords that I really wanted to convey. First would have been that once she did have the LTCH and decided to carry, that despite what some people think or might tell her, OC or CC are both ok in IN. The second thing I should have told her was to come visit INGO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom