What's your most enjoyable "small" gun to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    NAA 22 Magnum is my favorite “small” gun to shoot. I carry it as a back up in a pocket holster and it goes everywhere with me. I’d like to get the new top break model but I just can’t justify the cost of them.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    NAA 22 Magnum is my favorite “small” gun to shoot. I carry it as a back up in a pocket holster and it goes everywhere with me. I’d like to get the new top break model but I just can’t justify the cost of them.

I had one of those for 3 decades and loved/hated it.
    Loved it for ultimate concealability but hated shooting it.
    I even bought a bigger grip for it before I sold it to try to justify keeping it.
    I couldn't hit a 5 gallon bucket 10 feet away, but I realize it was just a "gut-gun" anyway. Did I say, 10', probably 5'. :laugh:
    I did love my tip-up Beretta .22, 25 and 32 calibers for small CC, but I sold them all and kept .380s, then just went to small 9mms since they trimmed them up so much.

Charleybravo56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Nashville
    The last couple of weeks I’ve been shooting my new LCRX in 22. I’m hopeful of it being my go to kit gun and so far so good. Man is it light! I forget that I’ve got it on me, it’s cheap to feed which means I shoot more.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I have a love/hate relationship with my Glock 27. Currently, with a full size magazine and the rubber piece that extends the grip down the mag, I can shoot with reasonable accuracy. With the factory mags I can only get 3 fingers on the grip so it's very difficult for me to have much accuracy with shots faster than a few seconds in between.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Kimber Ultra CDPii. Anyone who is worried about the recoil of such a small .45 should try one out. I think they'd be pleasantly surprised.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My “small” gun is a Smith & Wesson model 60 with a 3” barrel. Very easy to shoot with .38 Specials and accurate. But for serious work, drop in a speed loader of .357 Magnums. I wanted one for a long time, and snagged one out of the classifieds when it popped up. It will be getting a “Hillary Hole” delete and trigger job and maybe a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Loving my G43. Been putting in a lot of range time with it and have no complaints. Welllll maybe the trigger could be better but still happy with it! :):

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    A 3" S&W model 66. Whenever we have a carry gun shoot or drill at our PPC league, that's my go to gun. Shot it in ICORE matches and did very well too.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Sig P365. Small gun that shoots much bigger.

I agree 100%. It's very manageable even one-hand and off-hand. The sights are bright and easy to get on target too. Next I'd list the LCRs; great cam triggers. Then, although not lightweight, I think the 3" .357s are easy to shoot also...very well balanced.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Sig 938.

I was surprised to not see more mention of it in this thread.

I've always found the recoil to be very manageable with this gun. It is snappier that a full-size (of course), but it is still enjoyable.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sig 938.
    I've always found the recoil to be very manageable with this gun. It is snappier that a full-size (of course), but it is still enjoyable.

I have been curious about that gun, one of the few I haven't bought and tried, since the price is higher than the SW, Rugers and others I've had.
    I have a Ruger EC9s & Ruger SR9c presently that I really like, and had the Sig 365.
    Since the 938 has a safety, it is still on the wish list.
    I have had more than 1 person tell me that the 938 was their favorite CC.
    There is one for sale from someone who I've bought from before, but the price is still "healthy."

I don't know if it would be any better than other small framed guns I've had.
    I like a full grip on a gun, but I've had a couple of small ones that were fine with the pinky not engaged.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sig 938.

I enjoyed mine for the most part. Ran great with the flush magazine, but the grip wasn’t ideal for me. Ran ok with the magazine with the pinky extension, after 3 or 4 rounds it would drop the magazine.

Top Bottom