• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Dream job? traveling photographer....Or working on saving endangered speicies or cool wild animals (big cats/All monkys/elephants/seals and other marine animals). Really, anything with nature and animals and photgraphy...all rolled up into the BEST job EVER!

Reality...Stay at home Mom and House wife. I love reality though!

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I keep thinking that eating right and exercising would be a lot easier if someone would pay me to do it.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I'll make mine a 3 part story.

Growing up I wanted to be an Archeologist (watched too much Indiana Jones as a kid, thanks dad). I told my mom I was going to live in Utah and ride my Harley Davidson back to Indiana to visit them. I think I was in the 2nd grade when I made that decision.

Dream job...have my own archery business. A kick ass indoor range plus an outdoor. Have enough property to hold 3D shoots on as well.

Reality; currently do quality bitch work. :noway:

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I love machines and large complex mechanical systems. I used to do my college homework in the nuclear lab because I thought the reactor was relaxing. I never want to stop learning, and if I ever get to a point where I no longer find new problems to solve it's time for a new job.
    I love big machines too, that's partly why I am a mechanic at BFG. As a mechanic I can go almost anywhere in the building. When I worked at a bowling alley I used to sleep on top of the machines.

My dream job would be to get paid doing whatever I feel like. If I want to work on my Scout, I do it and get paid. If I want to take a long motorcycle tour, I get paid to do it.

Realistically, I would either stay where I am or have a shop building custom cars, trucks, and motorcycles. I love to build stuff.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Dream job? Something outside. A white water guide or fly fishing guide or professional hunter or marine biologist or treasure hunter or something.

Reality? Heh, not there yet.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My dream job is the one I have now.

It has been said that the best job in a corporation is the one you invent. I have been lucky to have been able to do that. It didn't happen overnight, it didn't happen when I was young. It may not last. Who knows, there are no guarantees. With a varied background and some technical skills, I am now in charge of certain software tools for the company, one I wrote and one I am directing a 3rd party to develop. I also train people to do the job they are supposed to do. I consider myself to be very lucky. I don't love the company, but I love my job. I work at home where the coffee is always just right and you don't have to wear pants. Sorry, no pictures.

That is the paradox of today's company. There is absolutely no loyalty to the worker, none, but if you do something worthwhile and depending on who you know, there is some stability, unless the ones you know get canned. You have to take care of yourself, something the gun owning community also teaches. Maybe that is why I gravitate to Ingo.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Jessica Biel looks like a man, baby. I think "she" had her Adam's apple removed before becoming famous. TROLL!!! :)

My dream job is being a stay at home dad or one who also runs a gunstore where my rugrats could play at my feet and my beautiful wife could run the books. I have no bigger dream than that for employment.

I've worked in so many different fields in all ranges of blue to white collar types of jobs and I've been tired of every single one of them after a few months. I graduated from seminary, worked in a few churches and then gave that up too. It doesn't feel right getting paid to do something I should be willing to do for free. A man has to survive... its why I've always liked a Paul's model of "tentmaking ministry." What is that? Have a real job for cash so no one can accuse you of bilking money out of the church and being lazy.

Being hospitalized brings a lot of things into perspective... I want to work harder at my goals of owning a gun shop, but it will be a long time before I'll ever (if I ever...) have enough money to open one... It might make a nice retirement job.

causerofwait

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    1. Head Brewmaster of my own Micro Brewery?
    2. Professional poker player?
    3. Professional Golfer?
    I would take any one of them!!

Now I work as a "Senior Helpdesk Technician" [suck bad but pays well (but still not enough)].

I would settle for owning a beachside hut in Jamaica selling Red Stripe and patties!

Root

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Dream job is this:
    r_gordon_truck2.jpg

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I had my childhood dream job when I was in the Corps. Its still in my top 3 if I wasn't to old. Now the senoir golf tour sounds pretty good.:D

This is my last post. 999 is my limit, I have been milking it for weeks now. Untill I have something worthwhile for my 1000 post I am out of here.;)

Top Bottom