• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    In an effort to get to know my fellow INGOers better, I pose the following question...

Whats your dream job? I'm going to make this a two part answer question.

Given complete lack of constraints (ie. you wake up tomorrow and you're there) what would you love to do? If you could be doing absolutely anything, what would it be?

Now, back to reality....given realistic constraints, ie. age, financial status, physical condition...what would you like to END UP doing before you retire, or after retirement?

Me, I'd be torn between being a fighter pilot, or an SSN commander. Either one of those would work out as a dream job to me. Fast and furious, or silent and deadly....awesome.

Realistically, I'd like to be a gunsmith/gun shop owner. I've got a plan for this one, its just gonna take a while.

How about you?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I'd love to be a gun tester. I'd get to keep the guns of course. I'd post video's on the web with reviews.

Realistically I'd like to retire a gun dealer/cattle rancher. I've got 20 years to get there. Here I come.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    OSI agent for the USAF. Im on the track to submit a package next year but we shall see what happens.

What could be better than Investigating work for the Airforce, :yesway:.

To save yall the trouble yes I have heard of all the crap you have to deal with, crazy hours and same pay level, but its a job id love to have.

Being a Zipper Suited Sun god would be kinda cool but im not going to go through flight school, sign a 10 year contract, and then get stuck flying B-52s out of Minot (cool place but not were I would like to be for 10 years, LOL).

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    sugah_daddy_pimp.JPG

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Given no constraints I'd like to be the Idiot Police. You want to act like an asshat? Why yes, I will tase you, Bro. Want to steal gas? Large caliber rifle round to the engine block. Want to vandalize that public restroom? We will discover together whether you can actually get a swirly in an outhouse. (If you can't tell, I work in retail.)

Realistically, I don't want any one job. I love machines and large complex mechanical systems. I used to do my college homework in the nuclear lab because I thought the reactor was relaxing. I never want to stop learning, and if I ever get to a point where I no longer find new problems to solve it's time for a new job.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Hmmmm... rescue team / Coast Guard. And magically to be able to stay in shape enough to be active in it 'til retirement.

Honestly, I really dig my job. Varied enough that I don't get bored.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    In an effort to get to know my fellow INGOers better, I pose the following question...

Whats your dream job? I'm going to make this a two part answer question.

Given complete lack of constraints (ie. you wake up tomorrow and you're there) what would you love to do? If you could be doing absolutely anything, what would it be?

Now, back to reality....given realistic constraints, ie. age, financial status, physical condition...what would you like to END UP doing before you retire, or after retirement?

Me, I'd be torn between being a fighter pilot, or an SSN commander. Either one of those would work out as a dream job to me. Fast and furious, or silent and deadly....awesome.

Realistically, I'd like to be a gunsmith/gun shop owner. I've got a plan for this one, its just gonna take a while.

How about you?

Supreme czar/king/dictator/ruler of the United States for life

Top Bottom