• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    what kind of JHPs do you guys carry in .45? im going to be buying some jhps as soon as my supertuck comes in. i really like the federal HSTs because of the good weight retention and balistics.

i was looking at these Ammunition To Go : 50rds - 45 ACP Federal LE Tactical HST 230gr. +P HP Ammo [P45HST1] - $23.95

i believe they are 950 FPS but i saw some golden sabers on doubletaps website that are around 1100 FPS. would it really make much of a difference for expansion? would it be worth going with a smaller 185 grain or 200 grain round for the added velocity?

Last edited:

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    You've apparently posted a link to a file on your computer.

FWIW, I carry 230g & 200g Hornady TAP. The 200g for my officer's model and the 230g for govt model. The recoil impulse on the officer's with the 230g was a bit much.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    what kind of JHPs do you guys carry in .45? im going to be buying some jhps as soon as my supertuck comes in. i really like the federal HSTs because of the good weight retention and balistics.

i was looking at these Ammunition To Go : 50rds - 45 ACP Federal LE Tactical HST 230gr. +P HP Ammo [P45HST1] - $23.95

i believe they are 950 FPS but i saw some golden sabers on doubletaps website that are around 1100 FPS. would it really make much of a difference for expansion? would it be worth going with a smaller 185 grain or 200 grain round for the added velocity?

That is CHEAP for that ammo -- 50 rounds for $23.95?

I just bought 10 boxes. :D

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Doing a quick search via Google, the HST's aren't liked by XDs (YMMV). Try before you buy a bunch of the stuff. You don't mention what gun you're wanting these for.

Looking through what they have on the website, the Federal Classic Hi Shoks are a good deal and I used to carry those and liked them, the Hornady's are just a little faster.

Last edited:

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    its for a smith and wesson 4506. i currently have some hornady xtps temporarily.

yeah they are pretty cheap.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I just use regular old Hydra-Shok. It's maybe not the best any longer, but it's not the worst, either.

Josh <><

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Please, where do you find 165gr EFMJ ammunition?
    I can't find anyone who has them.

Doug

I originally ordered them through Midway USA but they are out of stock now. I bought another box from Midwest Gun Exchange.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Thought that price seemed high (which matters very little in a defensive round that works) until I seen that was for 50 rounds as opposed to 20.

Yeah.... Exactly. What was funny when I ordered some, I didn't even order from Streicher's, but that's where it ended-up coming from. :dunno: So.... I'll order more directly from the source next time!!! :yesway:
    :cheers:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom