• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • t7134w

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    This is my first post; I am in my second year of range shooting and certainly got a "shock" trying to find 22 lr. Obviously you veteran members know the story but even going to gunbroker to post a $66 bid for 3 - cci/100 per box and getting outbid is mind numbing. My son-in-law is FFL dealer and he blames a massive government buyout of the stock...but I have no idea of what the US GOvt would want with $1bil worth of "varmint/sport" ammo.
    Any sane ideas out there? Seems to me this is a bubble and has to burst at some point ............:dunno:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Welcome: to :ingo: there are several threads, and ideas on this subject. I have heard, that Mfg., went away from production, of .22's, due to "low profit". That may or not be true. Some people are now finding limited .22 on the shelf.. I myself, really do not know. It is one of those things, if you ask 15 people, you get 15 different answers...

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I don't think your SOL is right on the gov't buying .22LR. Other calibers maybe but not .22LR

That is simple panic buying added to people panic buying firearms for the first time they ever bought one, many starting out with a .22 to learn things and then realizing they also need ammo and buying a bunch of it too. All of these factors and some I am missing snowball so that what we find ourselves faced with are empty shelves at the stores and those folks who have a bunch and are willing to sell demanding a "premium" for what they have so it winds up expensive. So if you find it, buy it. If you aren't pleased with the price, keep looking and eventually you'll find some worth the price. the INGO Sales forum is a place to look to, there are people trading one type of ammo for another and that saort of thing as well as selling outright.

In short though it boils down to being one of those things. :D

rdd2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    its out there last weekend i bought couple 550 boxes at dunhams but it went about as fast as they brought it out one day

Top Bottom