• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Good, dirty, and always goes bang! Good russian junk! might as well buy it while you can. Russia is bound to **** up soon.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Do you happen to know if the Wolf on Midway USA is the polymer or lacquer coated variety?

.308 if that matters

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have done the 270 win. It is dirty but always goes bang...and I personally did not see a difference in accuracy from winchester.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah, it's practically half the cheapest Federal at $18.99, or even a quarter of the price of some brands/varieties.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    What are you shooting? If you are shooting a bolt, don't go with Wolf; a G3/HK91/FAL then by all means buy and shoot! It will fire and cycle anything. Wolf burns slower and less consistent than most, if not all brands but it runs. I haven't shot the polymer stuff. Have you considered barnaul?

Ammunition - .308/7.62

This site has Barnaul .308 at $219 + $209 / 500 rounds.

Not bad pricing considering the market. I think Barnaul burns just like Prvi or Winchester or Federal. That is my experience anyways.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    In a bolt you won't get near the accuracy that you would with a more consistent ammo. Shoot it in a bolt if you want. I've just found that, with plinking with a bolt gun and using crap that I can't truly 'call the shot' and really nail down good practice with Wolf. You get flyers, slower and faster burn and ignition sometimes with Wolf and to me, that completely undermines what a bolt gun does... fine accuracy. Plus you'll be cleaning double the amount of time (a bolt anyways) with Wolf if you even want a consistent cold bore shot.

That just my experience. Did you check out the link for Palmetto? I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from them. When you order 1K ammo, you get a flat rate $12 shipping charge which helps to keep the 'cost per round' down on the purchase.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i depends on what you want it for. i did use it for pratice ammo or plimking ammo. its not the most accurate but it goes bang. i would still use it if i hadn't descovered reloading and need to use reloadable brass

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I think running a bore snake through after every few magazines fired will take care of the dirtiness issue.

Top Bottom