• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Your license is because it is illegal to be in possession of a handgun without a license in Indiana. But there is no law regarding possession of rifles/shotguns except regarding felons.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    No problem. I was just pointing out that the "handgun" phrasing wasn't meant to limit you. If you do go around OC'ing an AR-15 just be prepared for massive freak outs.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    No problem. I was just pointing out that the "handgun" phrasing wasn't meant to limit you. If you do go around OC'ing an AR-15 just be prepared for massive freak outs.

No ****, if you expect to walk around downtown Indy with an ar-15 at the tactical ready and a shotgun slung across your back, expect to have a bad day.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How much can you carry?

I dunno. How much can you bench?
    SmileyBodybuilder.gif

There shouldn't be anything wrong with an AR-15 in American Carry or African Carry positions. Just don't take it off and lean it up against anything at a bus stop, or you WILL be filling out police paperwork to explain how you turned around and it was gone.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'd drag one + tripod around in a Radio Flyer. And there'd be a little tag-along wagon behind it hauling my toddler. She'd love it.

-J-

Radio flyer FTW.

When I go for walks in the park with my family after dark I often have my AR in the bottom of the stroller. It is safer than leaving it unlocked at home and a pain in the ass to put it in the safe for a hour just to get it back out again.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    Since it's legal, as long as you don't point your weapons at any other people, how bad a day could it really end up being?

Umm, getting shot by a police sniper. Maybe it is just me being an ultra-left wing hippie liberal, but walking around with a condition one ar-15 a the tactical ready is a bit much. I'm not for making it illegal, but it goes against the societal norm and goes against common sense so the police should investigate WTF is going on. If you are going to walk around like a soldier on a battlefield, expect a battle.

Also, as a side note. 1/3 your body weight is what a well conditioned person should be able to carry all day long with no issues.

Top Bottom