• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    so i admit it. i wanna be James Bond. But whats the deal? Seems no has any PPKs. I know S&W was licensed to make them, but has that expired?

or should i just look into a Bersa .380? Plenty of those around and much cheaper. But even with the cheaper price, I'll still need to convince the wife....:D

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Not sure about the PPK, they have never really intrested me. I do have a bersa though, and it is a good gun for the price. No complaints. Honestly for carrying id go with the bersa just because carry guns tend to get some wear. No reason to beat up a more espensive gun.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I gotta' admit...when I bought my Mak part of my reasoning for getting it was because of all the various cold war foes shooting them (and missing horribly) at 007. :D

DSC01438.jpg

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The Bersa Thunder 380 is a licensed copy of the Walther PPK. It does have some differences, and most people (including me) think that the Bersa's trigger is much lighter and smoother. The only advantage that the Walther really has is a purely cosmetic one.

My wifes "Bond Girl" gun:
    channelandbullets.jpg

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I also always wanted the PPK, but had to settle for the Bersa because of cost. I must say I haven't look back too much. I even shot a friend of a friend's PPK/S since I've had the Bersa, and it didn't feel as good since I was use to the Bersa. I know it's a poor man's version, and I'd still like a PPK someday, but it's a good compromise IMHO...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have one of the early Interarms PPK/S. A very accurate, easy carrying and nice shooting pocket pistol. :)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    had a PPK/S years ago. Very accurate for a small pistol. Only problem is that the gun was very picky about ammunition. I wish I had it back.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    i had an interarms ppk/s in stainless about a year or so ago, it was awesome looking, but it couldn't feed hallow points, it wouldn't even chamber them. If I get another ppk type pistol, it would be another interarms, being a i don't like the S&W model, being the larger tang and laser engraving of the SW name. But If I am wanting to go the James Bond route.. Then I will be looking for an original german made ppk in 32acp. Prefer it be a ww2 ppk, being Walther pp type pistols after WW2 were all made in France by a company named Manurhin, even the one's labled German made, were still made in France, due to some treaty or something, that forbid the Germans from building guns. That is until of course Interarms began producing both the PPK and PPK/S in stainless steel.

On a side note, you mentioned you can't find any ppk type pistols, I saw a few at this Indy gun show, both WW2 models in 32acp, and a few Interarms built PPK not PPk/S tpe pistols, although I did see one PPK/s by interarms as well..But I myself personally prefer the PPK over the PPK/S.

Top Bottom